What's new

just saw Tabac in the bowl in NYC

they had several at Pasteur's on 34th Street (bet. Madison and Park). The only downside? The price was $36.99 - roughly double what I've seen it for in various online places. Still, if you're jonesing for Tabac and don't want to wait for the mail to arrive head down to Pasteur. Still no Musgo Real after shave though; plenty of pre-shave oil and cologne if that's on your list.

Wow. Quite unlike Pasteur to be that expensive. Ah well.

Btw., if you are looking for the aftershave or cologne, you can get it for a good price at the discount cosmetics place on 55th (56th?) between 3rd and Lex. Also, most of the Royall line.

-Mo

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's ridiculous. Pasteur's is known for their internet competing prices.

Then again, they did try to gouge us when they found another case of Coates in the cellar.

That's ridiculous. Pasteur's is known for their internet competing prices.

Then again, they did try to gouge us when they found another case of Coates in the cellar.

Yes, I've always been impressed with their prices too, although I have seen price discrepancies between the two stores on the same item, I think TOBS soap was $14.95 at one location and $16.95 at the other, but as you say they are usually very competitive. Maybe they're playing with price elasticity, seeing what the market will bear.

At some point everything is relative - in NYC these days you're lucky if $36 buys you two Johnny Walker Blacks on the rocks, and the Tabac will obviously last much longer...

Thanks for the tip on the Musgo AS - I will have to check out that store on 55th or 56th.

they had several at Pasteur's on 34th Street (bet. Madison and Park). The only downside? The price was $36.99 - roughly double what I've seen it for in various online places. Still, if you're jonesing for Tabac and don't want to wait for the mail to arrive head down to Pasteur. Still no Musgo Real after shave though; plenty of pre-shave oil and cologne if that's on your list.

Yeah, I was there a few weeks ago because I was in town for training and I was disappointed to see such a price discrepancy on the Tabac. Cambridge, just up the street, has Musgo Real A/S balm, btw.

Thanks for the tip on the Musgo AS - I will have to check out that store on 55th or 56th.

Oops. :redface: Sorry, I should have been more clear. Kinda skimmed over the fact that you were looking for Musgo AS, in addition to discussing the TABAC soap.... You won't find Musgo at that store. I was talking about TABAC aftershave and cologne.

-Mo

Oops. :redface: Sorry, I should have been more clear. Kinda skimmed over the fact that you were looking for Musgo AS, in addition to discussing the TABAC soap.... You won't find Musgo at that store. I was talking about TABAC aftershave and cologne.

-Mo

That's cool, I might check it out anyway, I do like the Tabac A/S but again, Pasteur was charging $29 for a bottle that was unbelievably small (a couple oz?) so it's still worth the walk.

Top Bottom