What's new

Surprise inheritance

I am t my parents for the weekend for my dad's 60th birthday. I knew my mom had my great-grandfathers mug and brush, and a brush that she found in her new house. I was really excited to get them. When I got in the other day, my mom handed me a ziplock bag with 2 brushes in it. As I looked in it, I also saw that there were two razors. I looked at them and didn't recognize any of them from the pics my mom sent, so I thought she must have found them at an antique store. I asked her about them, and she told me that those were my grandpa's. I was really excited. It had a Maderite and an Eveready brush. It also had a B4 Flare Tip and an E1 Fatboy. I used the Fatboy today, and found it similar to my slim. I will probably make it my daily shaver now. I showed my grandma and was talking to her about them, and she was really glad to see how excited I was.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 288
The fuller is in decent shape and will probably be mainly a display, but he other two I want to reknot eventually.

That is awesome. Wish I had some heirlooms to show off but I am going to be the one passing items down to my son.

I'd give anything to feel my grandfather's presence each morning as I shaved with his razor. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your family story.

Great story Drew. These are the great moments in life that strengthen family ties and pass on traditions for future generations.

Frank

Top Bottom