What's new

Tell us about your espresso machine

I like the manual machines. Quite and easy to clean and maintain. Here is my Zacconi and VAM \ Caravel machines.

Attachments

• $Zacconi.jpeg
    $Zacconi.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 75
  • $VAM-Caravel.jpeg
    $VAM-Caravel.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 74
Ok. I'm totally getting the bug here. Christmas is coming and I may have $200 to spend on myself (or rather what to ask the wife to get me).

Hello to me new fellow espresso lovers. I am new to B&B but arrived with a pre-existing condition of loving lever espresso machines. I have owned many and some versions several times. I have also been an active member of Home Barista for many years (back to 2004 or so). I restored vintage lever machines for quite a few years for people all over the world. I move on to new hobbies every 6-8 years but the trip to have this girl was such a great permanent reminder of the wonderful journey.

I have drawn espresso from my 1985 Olympia Cremina for many years. She has custom turned African ebony "bubble" handles to replicate the feel of the early Gaggia handles. I have matching handles on my custom naked PF and bean scoop.

Enjoy if I can get the picture to download- still learning the B& B ropes- she has also had her badge moved fro mthe rear of the cabinetry to the side as it is such a wonderful emblem. The cabinetry was also stripped of its original paint and then powder coated. Her twin was black and after restoration was sold to Mark Prince who owns Coffee Geeks.

Image http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/mogogear/IMG_1770.jpg

Here she is with all her accessories just prior to the naked / bottomless PF being delivered- sorry for the oversize shot- still unsure how to resize here. Pardons plz gents

proxy.php

I have a Gaggia (Baby) coffee machine for about 15 years and it just works, it takes no time to get your coffee in the morning and it is always exceptional, lots of crema and two cups at a time.
Now I'm thinking of buying new one machine, I found some cozzy At the end of the day I just want it at the push of a button without the faff and hassle of grinding the beans myself and processing through a machine that cost more than my bike. I'm not that much of a coffee snob. There is a cost/convenience balance here.

Wow, I love that Cremina. My first espresso machine was a Cremina. I regret selling it to get a Caferex (I still have most of it but am missing the drip tray and portafilter). Several machines later I am now using a GS3. I wish I had a Cremina for office use.

Ruckin.

Oh, these ones look really nice! :001_smile I've never tried such type but I suppose that they make really tasty coffee :001_cool:
And in my case I had such Capresso model with grinder, it's really a good machine! And it has a very convinient combination with that grinder because I don't like very much to prepare beans separate before making the coffee :a1:

proxy.php

However in case of our family it's now an old model and now we're thinking about buying a new one... Personally I heard a lot about such nespresso machines like here on cozzy for example, it's said that they make a special type of coffee in addition to the traditional espresso and it's very tasty :1eye:
Is this true, maybe anyone tried these machines? Or is it better to but simply a new model with a grinder which I had earlier? :001_smile

After seeing Meaux's pictures of his Olympia Creminas, I started reading about them. I've never read a bad anything about them. Last week over on Home Barista, for some reason I pulled up the Buy/Sell forum. A member had one for sale, with some nice accessories,, for what I deemed for me as a fair price. I joined the site so I could communicate with the seller. Two days later, it was delivered. Now for the learning phase. A picture cannot convey the simple beauty of it.
I'd like to get a OEM portafilter, tamper and cups to round it out. The quest continues. I could buy a set from the North American distributor, but really don't want to shell out that much if I don't have to. We'll see.

proxy.php

Last week over on Home Barista, for some reason I pulled up the Buy/Sell forum.
......was delivered.
......I'd like to get
......The quest continues.
.......I could buy
.......I really don't want to shell out that much
.......We'll see.

Oh no..... See what happens when you leave B&B

tisk tisk tisk....

Very nice looking rig. Learning how to pull shots will be a fun class to hold with yourself. We can talk off line if you like. I have an older OEM portafilter and life is short. So. I need to just keep it around. It does need a hand but o could part with it very reasonably. What kind of grinder do you use?

I have been using Baratza Virtuoso, which has been fine for the pour-overs and Aeropress. While reading and researching grinders, I remembered that a couple years ago, maybe longer, I had bought a used commercial Astra for a song. That has been dug out and taken apart. It is a re-branded Cunill Space, made in 2001. 445 Watt with a 60mm flat burr set. I have a new burr set on the way which should arrive tomorrow-ish. I think the shaft turns freely. I have discovered that the Virtuoso will choke the Cremina. I started way too tight and couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble pulling a shot.

I was thinking I was tamping too much. After about the sixth shot, which I barely tamped at all, the light finally came on, and I loosened the grind. See! It's the little things, isn't it?

The machine was certainly not loved. Filthy. The hopper is huge. I'm thinking of how to single dose. I'd also like to figure out how to get rid of the doser.

Top Bottom