What's new

Daily go to razors

I am trying to decide if I want to add to my small de razor collection. I have a slim adjustable, Futur, and EJ de89 barley chrome. On my daily shave, I take 3 passes w clean up pass on face and 2x on neck. I want to reduce number of passes to 2x and get dfs at least. Of course I want the least amount of irritation. I have heavy, wiry beard with sensitive skin.

would slant or oc be a possibility for the daily shave?

I own a Slant and it's now become a part of my rotation. I recommend it and with practice delivers great shaves.

Razorock SLAB for me. Weber a close second. I think the SLAB's efficiency - not to mention it has worked with every blade I've tried, including some of the least popular blades mentioned here - makes it a good fit with my coarse beard and sensitive skin.

Todd

The Merkur Slant and the Merkur HD would be outstanding choices, but I would go with the HD first. There is less of a learning curve.

Also, maybe you should focus more on blade experimentation and selection. It is really the blade that shaves us, though admittedly the various razors tend to be more interesting.

iKon OC is my number one, followed by a Weber Polished Head. A re-plated Gillette New Long Comb will also be joining my small but hearty band of razors.

Merkur Slant 37C is my everyday razor. My face handles it just fine. I dabble with the Muhle R41, but four shaves sends me running back to the Slant.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Merkur 37c. slant is the way to go
But as always, it must be what works for you.
Because: YMMV

I'd say Weber. Much more efficient than your DE89, yet not aggressive. Stainless steel razor at a bargain price. Comes with a great handle too, which you can use on other razors to make them better.

I can't see why the super adjustable cannot give you the shave you want. Match it with a blade you like and you will have a great combination.
I have to say though, the slant bar is my favourite razor.

I have the 37c and the Weber PH bulldog.

Once you go stainless, you won't look back. The PH is a fantastic daily driver. The 37C is good as well but I love my Weber!

I've got 7 or 8 razors but I always find myself going back to my 34C and Mergress. They aren't overly aggressive but I always get incredibly smooth shaves. I do have a slant and just haven't as l much luck with it as other gents around here. It's currently on timeout for awhile. :001_unsur

Top Bottom