What's new

An oldie but a goodie

I've been using my Merkur 39c lately and I love it. Gives me a great shave, irritation free and smooth. Well today I was like alright I'm going to get back to what I started with. I whipped out my old man's Gillette black handled super adjustable. I cranked that bad boy up to 7 and went to town. One of the best shaves of my life.

Gillette used to make some nice little razors. Oh well, at least I can still experience some of the magic that used to be.

Congrats on your success!! Yes Gillette make a few good razors down through the years and many would say the Super Adjustable was one of them.

The short handled Super Adjustable is one of my favorites.... and probably my favorite adjustable of all of the ones I've tried.

Ben

It makes it a special experience. I could see myself selling and giving away hardware but I'd never consider parting with that razor.

I figured I'd post this in here, I found a red tip today at a flea market in good condition. Cleaned up and disinfected, going to give it a shave tonight. Can't wait to see how aggressive it is.

I figured I'd post this in here, I found a red tip today at a flea market in good condition. Cleaned up and disinfected, going to give it a shave tonight. Can't wait to see how aggressive it is.
You will love it. I really like the weight of my Red Tip and how well it shaves. Yes, it is a bit more aggressive than the regular Super Speed razors but gives one hell of a shave (if you are careful around the neck area). On my next I would just do a Down pass followed by and Up pass and called it good. Saves the blood that way. I shaved with mine for years and years until I discovered Open Comb razors. I still pull it out once in a while for a memory shave. Be sure to post a SHAVE REPORT and how well you did with it (or not) and let us know how it went. I was using generic Personna's in mine till I got hooked on the Astra SP's which work very well in the Red Tip. Enjoy your new Toy......

Last edited:
I have and use my Dad's 1941 Ranger Tech and I know what you mean about "oldies but goodies." Something very special about those "hand me downs."

Well last night after I cleaned and disinfected my new red tip, I gave it a shave. I prepped and lathered up with Old Spice cream. I had used my friend's flare tip a number of times so I was trying to compare that with the red tip. I noticed right away that it was more aggressive and made sure to be careful around my neck. I did a WTG and ATG. That was all I really needed. In the end I had one little weeper on the left side of my neck, but other than that a really really good shave. Slapped on some Old Spice and felt a little irritation on the neck but it was mild. As of today I have no irritation and a near BBS face. Loved the red tip. Definitely going to see some action in my routine from now on!

Top Bottom