What's new

Shark blades

I used Sharks years ago and remember liking them. I've been using mainly vintage the last few years but wouldn't hesitate to revisit Sharks again. I found them to be a great value.

I was a long time Feathers user but ran out and had some Sharks I'd picked up on the way. I really like them, especially when new. Not sure they last as long as the feathers but will see over a pack. For the price they may be my new fave blade. (What a fickle mercenary I have become...)

Hello to everyone, i am new to the forum and this is my first post. First of all a little background here. I am 30 yo, beenDE shaving for 15-16 years now. I've been shaving with Wilkinson's from brazil, Derbys, Bluebirds, Feathers, Gillette blue and finally Sharks SS. All of these in a wide combination of a variaty of razors such as two different Fatboys, an Edwin Jagger DE89L, a Gillette Tech ball end and my father's SuperSpeed flaretip. I use TOBS shaving creams, simson's brush and do a 3-min hot towel shaveprep...
That being said, i rate the blades as follows in order, number one being the best.
1-shark SS
2-Bluebird
3-gillette blue
4-feather
5-Wilkinson
The sharks were the last i tried and was shocked with the performance. The best sharpness/smoothness ratio of them all. Rememeber that i tried every blade in all o the razors and alway executing the same procedure regarding shave prep and all.
I found it quire silly to buy a blade just because the logo looked cool, i mean there's a shark in the package, what true man does not like that? but i thought, "you just can buy a package of blades because of the shark.......
Well i was wrong, turns out that these outperformed for instance, the famed Feathers by far, wich used to shred my face like meat and left a LOT of irritation..in any of my razors no matter what i did......
Just my opinion here, this is very personal. I am quite happy and purchased a pack of 100 supersteel sharks.
For now, is my favourite blade.....

Yes, i mean, they turned out to be great performers.....seriously, they beat feathers by a huge gap IMHO.....Have you tried the Super Chromes?

I just had to post this. WOw is the "word" that defines this blades IMHO, i'm on my 6th shave using sharks SS and no razor burn AT ALL...!!!!
Impressive. They are sharp too. As sharp as a feather????? maybe, maybe not, i don't have a "sharp-o-meter".....but they are Very sharp!
But the fact that my face gets a bbs shave every time without any red spots and on fire is priceless.....
Feathers tore my face apart..... and the rest, well, so so.....
Just my two cents again, worth a try to everyone.....

I tried Sharks for the first time today. I think I would rate them along Astra or Personna in performance. Theyre a lil more expensive so Im not sure Ild rate them better. Regardless, to me, they are a good blade.

I just started on a pack of Shark blades. They seem very similar performance to the Astra SS I've been using prior.
To summarize: they work as they should for me.

I just got a pack of Super Chromes because the sales rep told me these were better than the SS ones. I haven't tried them yet

Many people LOVE Shark blades... I hate them. They are nasty meat grinders compared to Russian blades to me. Let your face make up your mind... Never let our opinions trump your shaving comfort, and never try to like a blade because it is popular with others.. Enjoy!

There was for me.
Both felt equally sharp, but the Super Chrome felt much smoother than the SS, which also caused a few bumps after WTG/XTG/ATG pass. No such problems with the SC blade. Very similar performance to Personna Reds (Platinum Chromes) for my shaves.

I've got a pack of (I believe) the SS at home. They're the next blade in my "rotation" to try. I've been using Derby's with no real issues.

Top Bottom