What's new

Shark blades

The Shark SC works great in my Aristocrat. Thanks to the recommendation from Kevin at West Coast Shaving they are in permanent rotation in my shaving kit.

I just made my first 100 pack purchase and it was the Shark SC. Smooth, close and comfortable in my EJDE89. The Stinless were fine, but unremarkable for me, but the Super Chromes blew me away.

Went through five blades from a sampler. SS were nothing to write home about on my face with my razors (Slim Adjustable and Muhle R89) I almost equate them with the Derby's I've tried. YMMV (first time using this! :thumbup:)

I got into DE shaving to save money and so far it has worked. I was able to get 5 weeks out of the 5 shark blades that came with my Parker razor. They cut well and seem very consistent. I have compared them with vintage carbon steel blades I pick up at estate sales and such and they are much sharper. I think we sometimes forget how good we have things nowadays. I ordered a 100 pack and I anticipate it wil last me years. I have only used the SS.

Don't like them. I was starting to think I can't tell much difference in blades, and then I got to my Sharks (stainless and Super Chrome), and they were noticeably tuggy and didn't cut well. Rotated to something else and came back to them, same noticeable problem.

Don't know why that is. I won't be using the ones I have.

Tried the SS today in the Merkur Progress. They just don't cut the as smoothly as the SC around my chin area. Not bad but not as good as others. The Shark SC's will remain in the rotation.

Just tried the SS today, way better then the Big Bens that I've been enjoying.

The experience is getting better and better for this novice.

I like them. the ss were the first 100-pack I ordered. I limited myself to 4 shaves per blade, but I took one razor (a vintage Gillette super speed) with one blade to the beach, and I got a good three-pass shave every time. I mix them up now with astras, personna labs, and the occasional dorco (from family dollar for $1, for the blade bank), but they hold their own.

I like Shark SC blades. I get good, comfortable shaves from them and they last for about a half-dozen three-pass shaves. Of course, YMMV.

I just used a Shark SS for the first time this morning in my Merkur 34 C HD and am not sure what to think. To me it felt like it had a bit of a tug (2 day beard growth) so I wasn't expecting much but after I shaved, my face felt pretty smooth (not BBS) and didn't have any nicks, cuts, or razor burn. Not sure if it was the blade or the Stirling soap I used today.

Just did a search on Shark blades and found this post. I have been using Feather as my primary blade and had purchased some Shark Super Chrome which was very reasonable. Have been impressed with the shave it gives and how long they seem to hold their edge. Will buy these blades again.

I've been using the Shark SC off and on for a year and a half, and I've just orders my 3rd 100 blade bundle, they are a fine blade. They are cheap enough that I only use them once, then discard them. I've discovered they only last for 2 shaves anyway. I think you will have good luck with them. I don't have thick facial hair though, so if your beard is very thick, they may not be for you.

I really like the chrome, I think I have over 120 or so. They seem to work well in all my razors.

I tried them a while back and just remember these were okay but nothing special. There are many better blades. I will use up what I have but do not see a need to reorder any more Sharks.

Top Bottom