What's new

What was used in the 1770's? soap cream? anything like it around today?

Native Amercians for the most part don't grow facial hair, or body hair for that matter. For those that do, it's pretty sparse or light.

Steve

I was reading a bit about the different cultures. Most had very sparse hair, so plucking with shells or stones was effective. Other aboriginal (?) cultures that were isolated by geography developed differently. Just mention that because history is always more interesting when you get past the generalities. Not chiding or criticizing here, just encouraging folks to dig deeper.

Last edited:
I was reading a bit about the different cultures. Most had very sparse hair, so plucking with shells or stones was effective. Other aboriginal (?) cultures that were isolated by geography developed differently. Just mention that because history is always more interesting when you get past the generalities. Not chiding or criticizing here, just encouraging folks to dig deeper.

Hmm, interesting. Next time I'm at a tribal gathering I'll have to inquire. Never heard anyone discuss it, really. While I'm part Native American, my brother is the one who got the "no hair" gene - his body is slick as a stick. Me, on the other hand, got the Scottish genes. I'm as hairy as a yak. Sasquatch should be so lucky. :001_tongu

Last edited:
Top Bottom