What's new

I now got the hang of it.WOW. Now I am a believer.

As I rinsed my just shaved beard using techniques I have been practicing since last 2 weeks, I felt that this time I really did it right. Everything I have watched, read, thought about, has now come to positive results. So after concluding the last steps of the process I took a closer look at the mirror and...... WOW.
My beard had a really close shave (at least now I understand what "close shave" means). Almost no Razor burns, no redness, no nicks or cuts, fresh skin, Soooooooooo soft.
I felt WOW. It was a feeling of satisfaction, of achievment. A feeling of Yes, now i have witnessed what others have witnessed. Yes, it is never late to start something new and totaly change bad Habits.
I am now almost 53 and have been shaving the typical "Fusion" style. Now I finally have developed the basic techniques that has finally paid off. Now I can really say, that I have totally converted to DE shaving and I am a true believer of DE shaving.
Just wanted to share my victory with all of you, to encourage those who are still on the first steps and to confirm that this is a great forum that helped me and many others to do something different.
Of course we are not talking about simple shaving task here, we are talking about how we are looking at life and time and all what you all know if you became members in this form.
This is why I am so exited about this victory.
Wish you all a good day or night where ever you are.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Congrats on a job well done.
I wish you many more wonderful shaves.

Congrats. It's a marathon and not a sprint. I have no doubt that things will progressively come easier as time goes on.

Good to hear it's working out! How long have you been at it?

Remember that if the shave quality decreases after a few weeks or months, it may be that you need to slow down a bit.

Congrats man! Hard to believe something that we otherwise viewed as mundane and a chore can turn into such an accomplishment and an enjoyable experience!!

Good to hear it's working out! How long have you been at it?

Remember that if the shave quality decreases after a few weeks or months, it may be that you need to slow down a bit.

I have started 2 weeks before the day when I felt I now got the hang of it.
At the beginning I had nicks and few cuts.
I learned the difference between mild and agressive Razors, the difference between sharp and not so sharp blades, between boar brush and synthetic brush, how many times i can use a blade, ... Many things.
Today I have a new milestone which is that my neck razor burns are reducing very dramatically, Almost none any more.
The best reward that i got today was from one of my colleagues at work and while selling the DE razor idea to him he mentionend that my shave looks so clean and looks like a 10 years old bear. It sounded so genuine and made me feel really happy.

Last edited:
Congratulations man! what razor and blades did you use?

The success I had was with Lord premium LP1822 Razor (also called L6). It is sold here in Dubai (UAE) at appx 1.5 $ !!
The blade I used successfully was Feather Stainless Steel, but what was even better is the Derby Extra for me.

Also for the records, I tried Feather popular Razor, but did not continue too long with it.
Also tried the Concord Razor but was toooooo mild and had to do so many passes to get some hair cut.

Last edited:
As I rinsed my just shaved beard using techniques I have been practicing since last 2 weeks, I felt that this time I really did it right. Everything I have watched, read, thought about, has now come to positive results. So after concluding the last steps of the process I took a closer look at the mirror and...... WOW.
My beard had a really close shave (at least now I understand what "close shave" means). Almost no Razor burns, no redness, no nicks or cuts, fresh skin, Soooooooooo soft.
I felt WOW. It was a feeling of satisfaction, of achievment. A feeling of Yes, now i have witnessed what others have witnessed. Yes, it is never late to start something new and totaly change bad Habits.
I am now almost 53 and have been shaving the typical "Fusion" style. Now I finally have developed the basic techniques that has finally paid off. Now I can really say, that I have totally converted to DE shaving and I am a true believer of DE shaving.
Just wanted to share my victory with all of you, to encourage those who are still on the first steps and to confirm that this is a great forum that helped me and many others to do something different.
Of course we are not talking about simple shaving task here, we are talking about how we are looking at life and time and all what you all know if you became members in this form.
This is why I am so exited about this victory.
Wish you all a good day or night where ever you are.

You young whippersnapper, I didn't kick the Fusion habit until I was 54. :001_tt2:

When I finally found a better way to shave, I felt like a first class sucker to have fallen for the typical department store fare with all the irritation and poor shaves for four decades. Some people really like the multi-blade razor, but it just never worked for me during a lifetime of trying.

Top Bottom