Thread: Bullgoose's B&B Discount Code

Default Bullgoose's B&B Discount Code

I appreciate all of the support that I have received from Badger & Blade and would like to offer members 10% off their purchase. Simply use the coupon code BB2013 at checkout and please state your B&B user name in the comments section. Please note, we cannot issue credits once your order is placed so please remember to type BB2013 in the box for coupon codes.

This offer excludes clearance items.

Best Regards,

Phil
    Bullgoose Shaving: Czech & Speake, D.R. Harris, iKon, Geo F. Trumper, Simpson, Edwin Jagger, Vie-Long & More

Thanks Phil for the 10% discount and also for returning my call.

Waiting on the Vie-Long, and the new Huntlee razor when it makes it's debut.....

Nice! Thanks, Phil.
    My first straight scarred me forever. But a random SuperSpeed kicked my butt.

Hey Phil - Thank you for the discount code and sponsoring the forum!

Images

awesome thank you for the discount phil it helps us out and we can support you!!
    FaTip Lover, BOTOC member, and ARKO Lover!

Images

Phil, that is very generous of you to offer us a discount. I placed my first order with you a few days ago and you will definitely be getting more of my business in the future. Thanks!!

Ben

Just wanted to say thanks. I placed my first order with Phil on Friday, and already received it yesterday. Half way across the country in 1 business day. Incredible!
    - Brent

Awesome discount, Just ordered some stuff.

Thanks!

The code is now up and running on my new site @ www.bullgooseshaving.com
    Bullgoose Shaving: Czech & Speake, D.R. Harris, iKon, Geo F. Trumper, Simpson, Edwin Jagger, Vie-Long & More

Great deal - Thanks!

Images

is your discount code no longer good? in checking tonight it says The coupon code you entered has been disabled so it can't be used. tried with various type of items to see if maybe ti was only working with select items but no luck. lmk thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
    is your discount code no longer good? in checking tonight it says The coupon code you entered has been disabled so it can't be used. tried with various type of items to see if maybe ti was only working with select items but no luck. lmk thanks
    I had to disable the discount code. Many products that I sell have a minimum allowable price per the manufacturer and/or distributor and the code dropped these prices below the minimum.

Images

okay. i didnt know if i missed a thread on it or not. wish you didnt have to because it was a great help to many here. i have a limited budget and was planning on a order i know its not much $$ difference but ill have to wait a bit longer now per the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
    okay. i didnt know if i missed a thread on it or not. wish you didnt have to because it was a great help to many here. i have a limited budget and was planning on a order i know its not much $$ difference but ill have to wait a bit longer now per the wife.
    Yes, it's a shame. Free enterprise takes another one IMHO.

Default Bullgoose's B&B Discount Code

Quote Originally Posted by Shellbriar View Post
    Yes, it's a shame. Free enterprise takes another one IMHO.
    Well, not totally. He is free to disregard the manufacturer prohibition so long as the product isn't consigned. But then he's going to get his distribution source pulled from him.

I understand the manufacturer wants to keep the final price in a tier that protects their market image. And esoteric shaving products is hardly the only thing like this. Exactly the same thing happens in a lot of electronics too.

Retailers like Walmart are able to negotiate with them, because Walmart is a big dog. But Walmart isn't normally where you find items with price floors. Sam's Club does have them sometimes though.

What I find amusing is that if the product has to have an imposed price floor to keep its image why am I buying in to that image. (Long live Arko!)
    TOFLAC-U

Quote Originally Posted by mrb7 View Post
    Well, not totally. He is free to disregard the manufacturer prohibition so long as the product isn't consigned. But then he's going to get his distribution source pulled from him.

I understand the manufacturer wants to keep the final price in a tier that protects their market image. And esoteric shaving products is hardly the only thing like this. Exactly the same thing happens in a lot of electronics too.

Retailers like Walmart are able to negotiate with them, because Walmart is a big dog. But Walmart isn't normally where you find items with price floors. Sam's Club does have them sometimes though.

What I find amusing is that if the product has to have an imposed price floor to keep its image why am I buying in to that image. (Long live Arko!)
    Very well put sir!

Sometimes I wish I was in an industry that encouraged good margins. It's hard to do all the legwork to hunt a deal and then have to deal with 6% margins when the manufacturer also sells direct.

Even without the code, there are still good prices to be had at Bull Goose. :)

Quote Originally Posted by trza View Post
    Sometimes I wish I was in an industry that encouraged good margins. It's hard to do all the legwork to hunt a deal and then have to deal with 6% margins when the manufacturer also sells direct.

Even without the code, there are still good prices to be had at Bull Goose. :)
    So true. That is why I've never handled any products that were available via the manufacturer too. In my retail experience it just doesn't make good business sense.