What's new

Just Received a brand new Feather AS-D2

I have been wet shaving for quite some time mostly in an enjoyable way with a Merkur 38 and 34 c. While browsing the forum, I noticed all the comments about the Feather razors being so mild and forgiving, I have decided to give it a try. So I ordered one from the net in order to experience first hand what others have been reporting and am I glad I did. The razor proved to be the most perfect tool for a perfect shave. No matter what mistakes you do with this razor the shave turns out perfect without razor burn, nicks or cuts. In fact it is the first shave that when using my alu block I did not experience any burning. I think it is now time to put the rest of my razors to rest.

Glad to hear you got a great shave. I've not tried one of those yet, but maybe some day in the future. Ya know -RAD and I are pretty good friends <G>.

Congrats on the new Razor.

My understanding based purely on information learned on the forums is that it is the D1 feather razors that are very mild and forgiving.

The new version, the D2 is said to be 'better' in that it is slightly more aggressive. Many people regarded the old D1's as useless as it was so mild. However there are quite a few happy D1 owners too.

I can only assume the D2 was created to try and appeal to / suit more people with a more regular level of aggressiveness

Travis..

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thats what you think!! :em3400:

+1

Congrats on your Feather acquisition, my AS-D1 is one of my favourite razors. Since buying it though I've also spent some serious dollar on another razor and am already planning some more purchases.

See what it does to your face long term.
I was happy as Larry with mine....
Im now on oxytetracycline to help repair the damage it caused.

Not much to expand on.
Im 36 and never had acne. 3 shaves with as-d2 remedied that. It didnt cut or nick and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
But after the 3rd shave my skin went nuclear. Its 6 weeks since and gp directly linked issue with razor aggravation, I take 500 mgs oxytetracycline twice a day and its slowly getting better.
Back with my de89 with ikon bulldog handle and astra sp's. All is sweet.
As-d2 may work for most, but my millage definitely varied.

The AS-D2 has been my go-to razor - it always shaves reasonably efficient and very comfortable. No regrets on the purchase price. Other razors include ikon OC, Schick injector, various adjustables including a Futur, a Merkur Slant, and Gem Junior SE. Absolutely no skin problems for me.

Not much to expand on.
Im 36 and never had acne. 3 shaves with as-d2 remedied that. It didnt cut or nick and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
But after the 3rd shave my skin went nuclear. Its 6 weeks since and gp directly linked issue with razor aggravation, I take 500 mgs oxytetracycline twice a day and its slowly getting better.
Back with my de89 with ikon bulldog handle and astra sp's. All is sweet.
As-d2 may work for most, but my millage definitely varied.

sorry to hear about your skin reactions.

Last edited:
In over 50 years of DE shaving, the AS-D2 has become my favorite razor. However, I also enjoy my Mergress XL and Gillette Super Adjustable.

It's a great and mild razor and I find it tends works best with sharper blades, such as Feather and Personna Lab, Perma-sharp and Gillette 7OC, as far as my experience goes.

Love my AS-D2 - great shave and so responsive when shaving! It is mild so I have to watch my pressure more!

Top Bottom