What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

I was really interested in The Clubhouse thread "What was your workout today?" but much to my chagrin I didn't feel comfortable posting my "old fogie" workouts with all those "serious" workouts. So, What was your Old Fogie workout today?

I will start: 3 mile walk/20 push ups/50 sit ups.

Followed by two 12 ounce curls. :001_smile

Last edited:
Cool, I'm. At least until the mods decide that there's no real need for multiple "what was your workout" threads. :001_smile

Mondays

Squats (5r@85%) PM 360
15 min AMRAP
400m run
15 pushups
15 wallball (20lbs)
5 rds

I guess I should have checked before posting this morning but does 49 qualify as an old fogie?

Last edited:
I am in - 75 jumping jacks, 50 push ups, 50 crunches, 10 minutes of stretching as a warm up. This was followed by 45 minutes of kickboxing (2 minute rounds with 30 seconds between rounds) then 15 minutes of kata (forms) to cool down. I gave up lifting heavy things a long time ago but for half a century old man, not too bad.

20 minute walk to supermarket. Walked back with 2 bags of shopping held out wide to tense up shoulder/arm muscles. I do this regularly. How's that for an old fogie exercise?
Oh, did several sets of pullups/chinups throughout the day (again, something I do a lot.):a43:
Some dumbbell shoulder presses. No time left for serious exercise today, I'm slacking. Will do some pushups before bed.

20 minute walk to supermarket. Walked back with 2 bags of shopping held out wide to tense up shoulder/arm muscles. I do this regularly. How's that for an old fogie exercise?
Oh, did several sets of pullups/chinups throughout the day (again, something I do a lot.):a43:
Some dumbbell shoulder presses. No time left for serious exercise today, I'm slacking. Will do some pushups before bed.

Yes Sir! We need a workout thread for guys like you and me.

Everyday, and I say everyday because I will occasionally miss a day for one reason or another, I pay a visit to the workout room at the clubhouse of my apartment complex and spend about 20 minutes on the treadmill, walking, not running. That is followed up by several sets of reps on the various weight machines. Total workout lasts between 45 minutes to an hour.
ct

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Looking to start lifting again after a few year hiatus. The elbows, shoulders and tendons don't seem to like the heavy compound exercises as much nowadays, so I am looking at doing a full body workout vs. the conventional splits. We will see how it goes.

The only problem is all my paraphernalia got lost in a move so I need to buy straps, protein, supplements, shaker bottles, etc. again. Getting excited tho' LOL!

Top Bottom