What's new

Fatboy: what did I miss?

Check out the baseplate.

proxy.php

This price makes me feel better about the cavalier auction... Maybe just a flat spot in the ebay madness in the wake of summer ending.

What are we supposed to see in this pic? What is the red dot Fat Boy?

This thread will help. What he's showing there is the baseplate which is longer (or wider depending on how you look at it) than the regular Fat Boy. There are other differences, including a red dot where there is normally an exposed spring above the adjuster. Looking at pictures on Ebay, it can be difficult to spot, especially if there are no clear shots of the baseplate. The adjuster has a slightly different geometry as well, but it's also quite difficult to spot.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Fatboy-ID-guide-for-spotting-them-in-the-wild

I actually private messaged the seller and advised him to put "Red Dot" in the description. He declined. I think it would have fetched him another $100 easy.

I was actually winning the auction for about 5 days, but I didn't expect to win. Still, my max bid was $160, so I wasn't too far off.

I actually private messaged the seller and advised him to put "Red Dot" in the description. He declined. I think it would have fetched him another $100 easy.

I was actually winning the auction for about 5 days, but I didn't expect to win. Still, my max bid was $160, so I wasn't too far off.

LOL - and I was winning it for the first couple days from the 8th to the 9th :)

I had no illusions of this thing going unmissed, but I wasn't willing to go over $150 on it. I get the collectible nature of it, but it's just to similar to a standard Fatboy to get me excited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom