What's new

Why do YOU use a fountain pen?

I'm not so sure corporations belong sponsoring stuff in the classrooms. Other than football helmets.

As long as they don't dictate what is in the books, I am not really opposed. In reality, it already happens all the time. Probably not big money, but for instance a bicycle company supporting traffic lessons (many kids here cycle to school).
They are not giving the pens away, but schools get a better price (volume discount?) than we can in the shops. I've ordered inks via the school of my kids sometime; disadvantage is that they only stock washable blue :wink2:

Why? Don't the parents have to pay a yearly contribution for their kids?

So you think American kids are very different from German or Dutch kids?
wink.gif

If it works here, I don't see why it should not work over there (I think that at least on UK private schools, fountain pens are mandatory as well?). Maybe the problem is that teachers don't know about the fountain pen option themselves?

This can turn into a very heated discussion about politics and our education system that I feel I should not go into. My children will be learning more than what is being taught in schools here, that is for sure.

Let's keep away from politics then :wink2: ... but I think the use of fountain pens by school kids is a valid discussion topic?

The "problem" of course is that many choices in life are somehow entangled with the political system one lives in.

Just to be clear: I did not intend a "our schools are better than yours!" thread ... it was genuine interest! (maybe clumsy worded?)

Lol, no worries I can look at our education ranking and see that our school system lack,and leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom