What's new

Am I Alone.

...in not really getting the point pre-shave oil? I know it's supposed to help hydrate the skin and hair, but so does a shower, and that's something I do every morning, anyway. No disrespect to those who use and enjoy it, but it seems like a needless step and expense, to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

No, you're not alone. I've tried several, and none of them led to a better shave. Obviously YMMV, or there wouldn't very many people who use them.

I do not use it however I can never say never. I said the same thing about using a brush. Now I own a brush and use it every shave.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don't use an oil, but I love Proraso pre/post. It just adds one extra layer of slickness to the shave. plus it smells gooood.

Some days I do, Some days I don't. I don't NEED it for a good shave, but sometimes I like adding it to my routine to somewhat enhance the experience. It's more of a novelty effect for me than anything else.

I don't need it, but I enjoy it when I feel like having a luxurious shave. I don't think I'm alone in trying make our glorious ritual last a little bit longer..... Shave secret is so cheap and available I just keep it around.

Made an absolutely huge difference back when I was using a cart and goo from a can (never again).
With good prep, a much better razor and some good soap it's mostly just a wasted step now.

I was thinking maybe that, instead of affecting the hairs (easier to cut), it actually slicks up your skin so the razor skims over it better and doesn't scrap (razor burn).

i think it's a good prep for those with sensitive skin. not for everyone though. you can tailor it to your needs by making you own.

If you use a soap, the soap will cut the oil, rendering it pointless. Maybe it is supposed to be good for cream users? Idk, I've never used it, never really saw a point. I'd rather work harder at getting better lather!

Top Bottom