Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.”

Im in. Here is one from the old bulldog that I enjoy

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

I'm in. I have a great nostaligic fondness for Eugene Field, but I may have to go with the following selection from Ruthless Rhymes for Heartless Homes by Harry Graham (AKA Col. D. Streamer)

Aunt Elisa

In the drinking well,
That the plumber built her,
Aunt Elisa fell.
We must buy a filter.

I'm in. My favourite poet is Rudyard Kipling.

I received a collection of his poems as a kid and his words have stuck with me ever since.

Robert Frost
Stopping by a Woods on a Snowy Evening
"And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

I'm in. My favourite poet is GA Studdert Kennedy.
He was an Anglican chaplain the the trenches during WW1, he wrote under the name Woodbine Willie, and his works tend towards the reality of his experiences there.

I'm in.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere". I remember reading bits of it at school. We had to pick a poem for recital, and the Ancient Mariner was far too long, and instead I picked something much shorter, which I think was "My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose" by Robert Burns. I resolved to read the Ancient Mariner in full later in life - the memory of its length and style have stayed with me all these years, and for that reason alone it is my favourite poem.

ArNav...Thank you kindly for the great MEM PIF!!!!!!!! Will PM you with my address. And I will post how it performs, no doubt. Really enjoying the BB forum. After 42 years of dreading every morning, shaving.....the bain of my exhistance, I now look forward to my shaving "time"!!!!! My better half thinks I have encountered aliens for my change of heart for shaving......but I guess I can't blame her....she still uses that "canned stuff and cart razors"!!!!!!! Maybe she'll one day encounter the same aliens!!!!!!! Semper-fi MIke

Though I missed the PIF (and congrats to the winner BTW) I can still say that my favorite is Joe Robert and his whole book of poetry, "O"Sullivan's Place." Being that I am Joe Robert and I wrote the fore mentioned book of poetry, who else could I proclaim as my favorite?
It is available of amazon. Just type in my name and the title and it will come up, if you are curious.
cottontop

Last edited:
Well, Today I received ArNav's most generous Mem Shaving Cream PIF. Both are in metal tubes like my Dad used to use in Palmolive!!! The Olive flavor is in a very large (140ml) tube and the regular flavor is in a tube about 1/3rd smaller. An AAR (after-action review) will be forthcoming!!!... Thank you kindly, ArNav, for the most generous PIF. Semper-fi Mike

Top Bottom