What's new

Got a bargain pen!

Hi guys,
Just scored one of my dream pens on the 'bay just now. I have always wanted a Lamy 2000 but they are just out of my price range and today I got one for what I would think is a flaming good price a whole $60!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181206530851

Really happy I have now got one step closer to pretending that my collection is complete. I have my 51, my vacumatic and my M200 and now my 2000!

I am a little chuffed that I actually won it at that price! :laugh::thumbup1::001_cool:

Thanks guys!

Great! You scored a great pen at a terrific price!

And the best news is; the more pens you acquire, the more you realize that your collection is far from complete :wink2:

Edit: you do know that Lamy nibs run wide? A Lamy 2000 M is comparable to a Parker B, in my experience.

Last edited:
Yeah I know I started with a pilot jotter. I think I have 10-15 pens now but I do love Lamy

congrats, a lamy 2000 is one of the best pens you can buy at any price point imho....and for $60.00 you should be able to recoup your money rather quickly if you are not happy with it.

Thanks guys! I do love my Lamy pens! Turns out this one will be my 8th Lamy!! I'm just glad I can't afford Pelikans my NOS M200 was expensive enough!

A complete collection is an impossibility. A collection is ALWAYS one item short of completion, whether it is pens, pipes, or whatever.

Thanks guys! I do love my Lamy pens! Turns out this one will be my 8th Lamy!!

You're (almost) ahead of me lol!

My small Lamy collection:

Lamy 27 (actually twice, one in user grade condition)
Lamy Lady
Lamy Accent
Lamy Studio
Lamy 2000
Lamy CP1
Lamy Persona

I now have:

Lamy Safari, charcoal, neon yellow, apple green, aquamarine, pink
Lamy 2000
Lamy Studio, FP and Rollerball

Ahh ... I did not count the rollerballs, ballpoint pens, and mechanical pencils (actually I have a very nice Accent MP!)

So it seems you're lamynated as well ... there's no known cure for that :wink2:

The Lamy 2000 is my favorite pen and you found a great price! Lets see I have L2000 x 3, safari, al-star, studio, and ratio 57 in my small collection.

i must be lamynated too! i own 8 (7 fp and 1 bp). i love lamy's. perhaps we should start a thread

What a fantastic score. The Lamy 2000 is high on my list but haven't found one at a price I was willing to pay! I would have bought this for sure...

Top Bottom