What's new

If you walk in to a kosher deli and ask for a Ruben sandwich, what do you get?

The sandwiches go for more than $20 is because they're grotesquely huge. I've don't think I've seen so much unfinished food on diner's plates in any other restaurant - either before or since. The managment has decided to sell patrons more food than they will likely be able to eat to boost its revenues - once its sold, it doesnt' care if it goes into the trash.

!

They are also overpriced. Just south of the Carnegie Deli, on the other side of the street is the 7th Avenue Deli. Stricktly take out. They do a Reuben that fills one of those 8" styrofoam boxes.

Where is Katz? I went to the 2nd Ave deli for close to 20 years but the last time I wasn't happy.

Katz is at 205 E. Houston Street, on the south-west corner of Houston and Ludlow Streets, in Manhattan.

It's also famous because it's where Meg Ryan had her fake orgasm scene in the movie When Harry Meet Sally.

They are also overpriced. Just south of the Carnegie Deli, on the other side of the street is the 7th Avenue Deli. Stricktly take out. They do a Reuben that fills one of those 8" styrofoam boxes.

Where is Katz? I went to the 10th st deli for close to 20 years but the last time I wasn't happy.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Can you break that sandwich down for us. I've never seen anything like that before.

The Carnegie Reuben: rye bread topped with about a pound of corned beef or pastrami, sauerkraut, and melted swiss. $21.95

They have sandwiches that are even bigger.

The Carnegie Reuben: rye bread topped with about a pound of corned beef or pastrami, sauerkraut, and melted swiss. $21.95

They have sandwiches that are even bigger.

To quote one of my favorite Sicilian's "That's inconceivable!"

That's not a sandwich, that's a roast! I love it. That thing is big enough to be a NYC landmark. Does the post office give assign a zip code to every sandwich served.

I'm starting to feel a road trip in my future. "Honey, let's take the kids and drive on up to New York for dinner..."

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Now that's just silly. There is supposed to be some reasonable proportion of bread and fillings in a sandwich.

-Mo

During the height of the Atkin's fad, there were people who would have you believe that if you took that monstrous sandwich and threw away the little slices of rye bread, it would be healthy! Sure..............

Top Bottom