What's new

Tea Lovers and your favorite brands

I have always loved tea, but lately I seem to be drinking it daily now I found some I really like. Tell me what your favorites are.

I'll put it in two categories:

1. Real Tea ( made with real tea leaves ) - example: English Breakfast

2. Tea like concoctions often caffiene free, example: Chamomile mint

My 2 favorites so far are Twinnings English Breakfast, and Yogi Bedtime soothing caramel.

Twinnings (English and Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong)
Chai and Oolong (no favourite brand)

Hard to say right now. Last year was awful weather worldwide for tea, coffee, and cocoa. It still seems to be having an effect this year. Some of the better, generally reliable Assam estate teas haven't been up to snuff. A Ceylon (Sri Lanka) estate tea is the best thing I've had this year. That and a very nice Taiwan winter oolong. Hoping things improved over the late spring / summer and the rest of the year.

My favorite is earl grey and I like republic of tea brand ... I sample around at local coffee shops but never really have found anything that I like.

Cafinated Packaged:
Twinings Lapsang Souchong
Foo Joy Jasmine Green Pearls
Williams Life Boat Tea

Herbal:
Rooibos

All Time Favorite Blend:
Ripe Pu-ehr made strong with Rooibos and lemon - AWESOME!!!

Been drinking Chinese Shui Xian oolong and some sort of sencha/gyukoro crossover from Ippodo.

The recent drop in temperature has had me reaching for darker oolongs and cooked pu'er too.

I like Republic of Tea:

-Yerba Mate Latte
-Blackberry Sage
-Decaf Apricot
-Vanilla Rooibos

I also had the MateVana from Tevana and it was great. That is probably my favorite tea all time.

Twinings: mostly English Breakfast and Earl Grey, plus Lapsang Souchong. Oh yeah, and gunpowder tea, any make I can get at the Chinese shops. And Ceylon tea of course, Assam and Darjeeling. Frankly any good loose tea without added aromas (with the exception of Earl Grey). I had some Wulong tea from China, Fujian, which was excellent, but very pricy as well. I finish this list before it gets out of hand :wink2:.

I don't think I have drank anything that was branded since I started getting into loose tea. I have some estates that I like, I guess.

I don't think I have drank anything that was branded since I started getting into loose tea. I have some estates that I like, I guess.

Yeah I've been wanting to get into loose teas, too bad grocery stores here only sells bags but I'll order some eventually :).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've moved totally into loose-leaf teas now, usually from Jas-e Tea (vendor here, run by Steve, a great guy) or Yunnan Sourcing.

If I were looking for a branded tea, bagged or not, I'd probably chase down some Murchie's.

I will always love Twinings Earl Grey. If it's good enough for the Queen to put her name on it, it's good enough for me.

Tie Kwan Yin from David's Tea. I also really like their Wild Black Yunnan. I really like David's tea, though I don't go in for a lot of their herbal concoctions. The one exception is their Strawberry Rhubarb.

I am a fan of Stash Tea's Holiday Chai at Christmas. I've read some very critical reviews, but I don't care. I like it.

Silver Needle white (Yin Zhen Bai Hao), Smatcha Tea store. White tea, all buds.

If it does not contain Camilla sinensis, it is not tea, it is a tisane. Most of the world calls tea "cha." The name "tea" supposedly came about by accident when a French tea merchant asked a villager the name of this stuff. The villager used a local word that became the`.

I know this will make loose leaf drinkers cringe, but I found a box of Global Brands Orange pekoe celong black tea at the dollar tree and it's pretty darn good (has more flavor than lipton).

Two other types I love that would be under the "herbal tea" category. Both are Yogi brand, caramel bedtime, and the other Stress Relief. Very tasty caffiene free great for later in the evening.

Two other types I love that would be under the "herbal tea" category. Both are Yogi brand, caramel bedtime, and the other Stress Relief. Very tasty caffiene free great for later in the evening.

I keep of box or two of various flavours of the Yogi Chai around, it's nice with a little full cream milk and honey but not something I drink very often.

I drink Harney & Sons loose teas at home. I can't single out a favorite overall, but I do have favorites for certain times of day!

Breakfast - Anniversary Blend
Afternoon - Darjeeling
Evening - Lung ching (the bog standard chinese green tea)

I guess I drink them in descending order of intensity as the day goes on.

Oh, and SWMBO loves Big Red Sun for breakfast, which is a pretty intense blend and worth checking out.

Nice thread -

Mitty

Top Bottom