What's new

Hmm... Now How Did I Do That?

While flushing a Parker Sonnet it seems that I was able to draw water past the plunger in the converter.

$IMG_0079.jpg$IMG_0080.jpg

Any ideas on how to get the water out?

Seal is bad so you will want to replace. Or you could try to disassemble to grease the seal. Guessing that the piston will not cooperate. Can always try to shake the ink out but care to not accidently implanting the nib on a surface.

Gets in from the top of the Slide probably not past the plunger turn it upside down and hold a paper towel to the slide area closest to the tube slide the piston upward (furthest point from nib) and the paper towel should catch it and capillary will take care of it

btw that looks very familiar to me lol like the kind of converter that turned my cat blue.. is this a chinese pen ?

btw that looks very familiar to me lol like the kind of converter that turned my cat blue.. is this a chinese pen ?

Good thing I don't have a cat!

It's a Parker Sonnet. Are they made in China? I'll try the paper towel trick, but just might end up getting another converter. I'm not really crazy about the slide action. I prefer the twist top.

The slide converters Ive only ever seen in Heros,... but they are also used in thinner body pens as the twist kinds dont alway fit all the way.. for the price I would say replace

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It's possible it sneaked in from the back, Syngent somehow did that with his first M200 possibly by submerging the whole unit. The seal may still be fine.

It's possible it sneaked in from the back, Syngent somehow did that with his first M200 possibly by submerging the whole unit. The seal may still be fine.

I think SmoovD may be right. I was able to shake the water from the converter but now it won't load ink more than halfway. Looks like there may be some damage to the seal after all. Dromgoole's here I come!

The slide converters Ive only ever seen in Heros,... but they are also used in thinner body pens as the twist kinds dont alway fit all the way.. for the price I would say replace

I've seen those slide converters from Parker before ... they are cursed!

The best ones were the old converters with a real pressure bar and ink sac. But they are impossible to find new (I have a few fortunately).

Top Bottom