What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

"pray, scrub with toothbrush, and rinse."

Should be spray, not pray :001_tongu

Edit: by the way Tepp I'll be posting my thoughts nightly in separate smaller entries rather than one long post at the end of the week. That way it's all fresh and unclouded by my terrible short-term memory/brain power which I abused in my youth with countless unmentionable substances. I hope you don't mind.

No problem at all; this is kind of what I expected (small entries periodically)

Before I forget, I'm adding a Zip-Loc bag with some Spieck shaving cream. I'm keeping the tube with some left to experiment with it, but I wanted y'all to try it out and, perhaps more importantly, smell it!

Sweet I was always curious about Spieck, now hopefully I will have a chance to smell it and try it. I also have a bunch of samples I would like to toss into the box.

Awesome, things are moving right along. It'll still be a month or two before I even have the box... but I'm already excited! I hope atleast one slant or open comb is left in there for me to get my hands on! Even still I'm psyched to try the mikes soap, mystic waters speick and tabac.

Thanks again for your generosity and the awesome Idea to get as many people testing out a great variety of products as possible!!

At the very least I hope the razors get a scrubbing bubbles bath before shipping to the next person. I'm going to barbicide them before and after any usage. Just to be safe! Unless the person before me lets me know how well they've cleaned it all up.

OK, packaging in process. If all goes as planned, I will be mailing it out at the post office tomorrow (signature required).

I'm going to be throwing in a Tuckaway handle (2 cracks, structurally sound I believe) to the pot. Feel free to swap that handle with another if you like it. Apparently the cracks can be made structurally sound by using solder or epoxy (solder apparently can be replated and epoxy can't, per another member).

I think I will fondly remember the Slant and the R41.

If anyone is foolish enough to shave with the Toro Mastiff, have your health/disability/life/long term care insurances paid up.

Seeing the aftershave there, I have to drop out because USPS will not ship it out of the country because of the alcohol content.

Seeing the aftershave there, I have to drop out because USPS will not ship it out of the country because of the alcohol content.

Argh - didn't think of that. How about this - anyone in the first part of the list before Grit who wants to take an aftershave additionally may do so?

Sounds solid. I'd hate to see him have to drop due to that reason. Tepp I'm eager to try out the after shaves .that's one thing my den is sorely missing right now. I have two as it stands I would sooner keep an after shave over a soap as I have lots

Argh - didn't think of that. How about this - anyone in the first part of the list before Grit who wants to take an aftershave additionally may do so?

Sorry about the added hassle I have created, if the group is good with that provision I will stay, if not I can gracefully bow out with no hard feelings.

I'd say that any aftershaves can be in there in moderation. We just have to pay attention to where we are sending it and remove any prohibited items before it is sent. It's worth the inconvenience to not disinclude anybody.

I'd say that any aftershaves can be in there in moderation. We just have to pay attention to where we are sending it and remove any prohibited items before it is sent. It's worth the inconvenience to not disinclude anybody.

OK, the package is on its way - Christian, you've got mail (shortly)! I did need to remove the Old Spice lime aftershave - the post office told me that I could only mail 1 of the 2 aftershaves, so I literally opened the box in the post office and extracted 1 aftershave. :thumbdown So the only Old Spice aftershave in the box is the Shulton original Old Spice.

The only other change as previously mentioned is that there is a Zip-Loc bag with some Spieck shaving cream added. Even if it's mostly empty eventually, it might be nice to keep mailing it around so people can smell the . . . wintermint whatever scent. Lathers nicely.

The razors do not have blades in them and are wrapped in paper towels inside Zip-Loc bags.

I almost forgot - when anyone tries the Kiss My Face shaving cream, when you're ready to pack it up again, the push dispenser will screw back down into the main body for travel.

By the way, if people can repost the list, we can update it for anyone else who wants to be part of this.

i will ship what I can to Canada, that is no problem. (I don't know what I can and can't send across the border so that is to be seen.) i cannot wait to try this stuff out!

Latest list iteration again -

Christian_V
Hinano_Paul
dfoulk
cottontop
chgruver
Aristeros
hammerdownny
Grit
one2mny
Milkmanv1
ClintO
jvm61

If I missed anyone, let me know. Anyone who wants to be added, simply repost the list with your name on the bottom. I'm going to leave it to whomever has the package to repost the updated list until it moves along to the next person, if y'all please.

Regarding shipping to Canada, as long as the aftershave isn't in there it should be fine (or that's what I discussed with the guy at the post office). If the aftershave is still in there when it gets to you, hammerdownny . . . you have officially won a free bottle of Shulton Old Spice aftershave! I guess you could mail it to the next list person in the US separately, but I'll leave that up to you.

Christian_V - hope the package is received by Friday so we can read what you think over the weekend!

Last edited:
Latest list iteration again -

Regarding shipping to Canada, as long as the aftershave isn't in there it should be fine (or that's what I discussed with the guy at the post office). If the aftershave is still in there when it gets to you, hammerdownny . . . you have officially won a free bottle of Shulton Old Spice aftershave! I guess you could mail it to the next list person in the US separately, but I'll leave that up to you.

Christian_V - hope the package is received by Friday so we can read what you think over the weekend!

If Hammerdownny is ok with shipping a second box with just AS to the next person on the list I would gladly mail him a $5 to help cover the shipping. I was thinking of adding some AS to the box myself.

Reposting of rules - if I get it wrong, let me know. Suggestions as to how to improve them are welcome.

When you receive the box, post here to say that you received it, and what is in there (each person is responsible to make sure the person before them hasn't looted the heck out of it).

For 1 week, try anything and everything. Clean the razors first! Post your experiences here, good or bad.

Keep your favorite item (razor, shaving cream, etc) and 1 sample (or, better yet, a portion of the sample so others can try it too). Add anything you like.

Post here as to what you have taken and when you mail it to the next person. Please also repost the list so we have an updated list.

The only "payment" I would like is for people to post what they liked and enjoyed (or didn't!). You certainly don't have to do this, but "I really liked razor X so I kept that one" is nice to read.

Please do NOT send anything back to me. If you are the last person on the list, feel free to send it off to more people et cetera.

A 2nd box for aftershaves within the US is just peachy with me.

Top Bottom