What's new

Pit Stains

Good thing is, you don't have to impress, spend money or argue with a pit stain :tongue_sm

If, while being single, your goal is to become "not single," a pit stain may inhibit the ability to impress. Once "not single" status has been attained, however, there is no longer any need to impress.

(This is actually untrue, married guys should strive to impress their woman as much as possible. Doing dishes and laundry are often the keys to her heart.)

I just gave up entirely. I wear my white shirts under other shirts. no one sees them but me. once they start to develop noticeable pit stains I'll ditch them and buy new shirts.

surprisingly this isn't very often.

I was the same way. For as long as I can remember, I have had sweaty pits and stained shirts. I'd put A&H Deodorant (Strongest I could buy off the shelf) on while getting ready in the morning and I'd have sweat thru my shirt by the time I got to work 20-30 min later...yes, thru an under-shirt and t-shirt in the middle of a Canadian winter.

My drawer is filled with white under-shirts with stains that I "USED" to wear under everything and at all times of the year. it would be +30 out and I'd have on 2 t-shirts, how sad is that.

That said, it is now looking pretty good for me to go without those dirty, old, stained white under-shirts any longer!!! About a month ago, someone on here started a thread suggesting trying DEODORANT instead of antiperspirant and I thought, "NO WAY", that's not going to work...boy was I wrong. I've trimmed my pits for years, but it never really helped cut down on the sweat until now.

The switch to DEODORANT has been like night and day for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw a sweat mark on my shirt or felt any dampness, no smell, no stains, no changing under-shirts halfway thru the day, no running to the hand drier to dry my pit soaked shirts (this is no secret, unless I'm the only one who did these things).

I now use Gillette Ocean Breeze or Ocean Frenzy, whatever it is, and am loving it. I wish I had thought or searched out to switch 25y ago, when I was a teenager and could have avoid those years of sweaty pits and stained shirts.

It took me a long time to find a deodorant that didn't leave stains or white residue on my shirts. Speed Stick with "Stainguard" is the one. Works like magic for me.

Part of the residue problem could also becoming from the laundry detergent you are using too. Most of the popular commercial brands use optical brighteners which actually cover the stain up instead of cleaning the stain off the fabric. They will also build up in your washing machine as well as your clothes. I thought it was comical when I saw Tide come out with a washing machine cleaner for all the build up and that is what causes the stench in most HE washing machines. I have done some research on this when we switched from Tide/Gain to Charlie's Soap. I do not work for them but have been an avid user for the last 3 or so years and I have to say that it really works as it gets your clothes clean. I will warn you that there is a adjustment period to switching over from regular detergent as you will see stains on your clothes that weren't there before but after you wash them a few times the stain go away. You can find out more on there website www.charliesoap.com. Since I have been using it I no longer get the buildup of deodorant in the armpits and I have been using AP for as long as I can remember. Just something to think about.

Different folks have different body chemistry. Just because one person can use antiperspirants without staining doesn't mean everyone can. I used to have terrible problems with pit stains, but switching to deodorant only has solved my problems and I haven't had a pit stain in 20 years.

Different folks have different body chemistry. Just because one person can use antiperspirants without staining doesn't mean everyone can. I used to have terrible problems with pit stains, but switching to deodorant only has solved my problems and I haven't had a pit stain in 20 years.

Exactly. That was my point all along. Even when I use antiperspirants, in New Orleans, when the humidity is about a billion % I'm still gonna sweat. When I do... i get stains. Now, since I've been using Deodorant ONLY since the beginning of August, I've not had a single sweat stain on my undershirts. And trust me... August and September here... are sweaty.

OK
Read most of this thread, and..... I disagree with vast majority of it.
The way to get rid of stains per say is to, not sweat.
I used to sweat so bad under my arms that I would put towels inside the arms of my suits to soak it up, and I would still have salt stains on my shirts and suits. Quite embarrassing. So I simply stopped sweating under my arms.

How so?

CertainDri. I used it nightly before bedtime. After just a couple days I noticed a difference. A few more days and my sweating was minimal. I swear by the stuff. After having used it for a couple years I now no longer even need to use it. Every once a while I will use some jut to use it, but I honestly rarely sweat under my arms anymore.

Just try the stuff.

Buddy of mine had sweaty feet, he used it. Problem solved.
Another buddy was like me with heavy under arm sweating. He used it for a bit and actually gave me a hug! He was overwhelmed with the product.
Anyway give it a go. It's carried by Walgreens and CVS for stateside people.

OK
Read most of this thread, and..... I disagree with vast majority of it.
The way to get rid of stains per say is to, not sweat.
I used to sweat so bad under my arms that I would put towels inside the arms of my suits to soak it up, and I would still have salt stains on my shirts and suits. Quite embarrassing. So I simply stopped sweating under my arms.

How so?

CertainDri. I used it nightly before bedtime. After just a couple days I noticed a difference. A few more days and my sweating was minimal. I swear by the stuff. After having used it for a couple years I now no longer even need to use it. Every once a while I will use some jut to use it, but I honestly rarely sweat under my arms anymore.

Just try the stuff.

Buddy of mine had sweaty feet, he used it. Problem solved.
Another buddy was like me with heavy under arm sweating. He used it for a bit and actually gave me a hug! He was overwhelmed with the product.
Anyway give it a go. It's carried by Walgreens and CVS for stateside people.

Plywood, I don't doubt that CertainDri works for you. My point was that antiperspirants don't work for me. I live in a very humid climate, and will even sweat in the winter when wearing an antiperspirant. The chemicals in antiperspirants combine with my sweat and stain. Going on 3 months without using antiperspirant, I've not had a single shirt stain. Remember the mantra of B&B... You're mileage (or pit sweat) may vary!

I guess those of us who thought we had solved the problem are just fooling ourselves.
+ 1

This isn't your typical intiperspirant.

Just saying give it a try. I tried all the commercial stuff and it all failed. Certaindri is different. I can only say I "was" a very heavy sweater under my arms. I would sweat through layers of clothing.
Heck I will pif you one, I'm that confident in it.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

This isn't your typical intiperspirant.

Just saying give it a try. I tried all the commercial stuff and it all failed. Certaindri is different. I can only say I "was" a very heavy sweater under my arms. I would sweat through layers of clothing.
Heck I will pif you one, I'm that confident in it.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

I appreciate your offer. I'm familiar with CertainDri, and it's available in my area. However, I'm satisfied with the solution I've found. I don't mind sweating. It's the stains I have a problem with. And I've solved that issue.

I too switched to a deo stick and found that it worked better for me in the winter months, than it had in the summer. I have been having a lot of luck lately with Dove's men + care silver Anti-perspirant however.. No irritation like I sometimes get from various deo's, and best of all...no pit stains.

When I do use a Deo stick, it's the exact same dove stick, just not the Anti-perspirant of course...and it works wonders.

Top Bottom