What's new

shaved armpits?

I've been shaving my pits since 2001 when I was in college. I had some excessive sweating issues, and one thing I read was to trim or shave. I trimmed and said, heck with it, and shaved them. I shave once a week or so with cheap Dollar General twin blade disposables, using body soap while in the shower. Why when I have all these safety razors? because I don't have to worry about a nick on my armpit! And I don't find it needs a real lather, I don't go for BBS, just whack down the hairs to skin and thats good enough for me! I might have to order a TON of the Gillette Guard disposables. Those would be wonderful for keeping pits clean!

I IMMEDIATELY noticed my armpits don't really smell, ever, the first day they were shaven. And, a stick of anti-perspirant last a bit longer as well, easily 2x longer.

I will say the girls like it. Both of my serious ex-girlfriends (meaning together a while) commented how my pits never smelled like most guys do. And that means they will get a LOT closer to you...;)

Yep, not as much as I should. I use clippers, tried shaving once and it hurt to put my arms down for a few days...

Is that the new manly now? Do chicks in continental Europe still let their armpit fuzz grow? I don't think I like some of these gender-imbalanced cultural changes! But I have thought of nairing the hair off my back so that it won't shed all over the shower and the pool, and using my clipper to manage the underarm fuzz shouldn't be hard if it will make me feel a little more clean. But I have a question, which may be important - does underarm fuzz start to coarsen like the peach fuzz on a fifteen-year-old's face with regular shaving? I don't know how it would not, and I'm concerned that this would be uncomfortable (especially if you actually shave it. Once you start messing with that, you can end up with stubble rubbing against stubble all day (**ouch**) if you don't shave that every day as well as your face!

But I have a question, which may be important - does underarm fuzz start to coarsen like the peach fuzz on a fifteen-year-old's face with regular shaving?

That is a myth.

Shaving does not make the hair grow in any thicker or heavier.
It feels more rough because it has been shortened, but as with your face, with regular shaving, your skin becomes accustomed to it and it feels just fine.

Shave them once every few weeks, it does tend to stop the excessive sweating, but as with all things YMMV.

I use a BodyGroomer to trim them every so often. It does seem to help the alum spray deodorant I've been using work better. I've always sweat a lot and I've really been impressed with how well the alum works.

Top Bottom