What's new

Scenting a Brush

Usually my Brushes hang out with my tobaccos, ever since Jason Argonaut sent me a custom brush with some tobacco that made the brush smell nice, my brushes always smell like that when I first grab them.... after thinking about it I then started keeping my brushes also where I keep some coffee and thus my brushes smell like coffee, a nice pick me up in the morning, so I figured three things out

1) starting out with a pleasant smelling brush is nice
2) don't keep your brushes where you keep your cheese
3) I need coffee scented soaps

Anyone else keep their furballs where they pick up a scent ?

Nope, mine just hang out on the sink in their holders. They've taken on the smell of the soaps that I use, but I usually don't give them a sniff though.

for the record Brooksie, Mama bears, and Saint Charles shave actually do make coffee scented soaps... but i do like the scent of my brush when it first comes out of the tobacco cubby or the coffee one, its a nice hit when you put it first to soak in hot water before the soapy stuff comes out

SO, do you just throw your dry brush in some coffee beans? For those who only have one brush but shave every day, how do they pull this off?

SO, do you just throw your dry brush in some coffee beans? For those who only have one brush but shave every day, how do they pull this off?
No I just have a cupboard in my kitchen that has nothing but coffee in it,... the whole cupboard smells of coffee as does a brush when it comes out but id imagine taking a smaller container with a sealed lid adding some coffee beans and putting your brush in it would do the trick

Or you could grab MB's coffee soap, or SCS Mochacinno as I know someone is 3017'ing an SCS one right now and loves the stuff, probably easier

but i still like my cupboards

Interesting idea, I have 15 pounds of green coffee that I keep stored away in a dark and slightly ventilated place. Maybe I should keep my boar brush with it to improve its smell. On second thought, storing in my roasted coffee storage drawer may be better. Nothing like the smell of coffee in the morning.

Last edited:
Tabac is a great soap for scenting a brush. It's quite a strong scent so it acts quickly in eradicating any gamey smell from the brush hair.

Last edited:
Not me. My brush smells like Cade soap, but that's a temporary condition. Excessive brush sniffing is a curious trait, IMO... :wink2:

Top Bottom