What's new

Who else loads on puck for way too long in pursuit of luxury?

Squeeze your brush much earlier with less water to start and see what it is holding. Most badger brushes hold a ton of nice thick lather assuming not too much water to start. Paint some on your face or scrape into your container or better yet a warm scuttle for your other passes.

Squeeze your brush much earlier with less water to start and see what it is holding. Most badger brushes hold a ton of nice thick lather assuming not too much water to start. Paint some on your face or scrape into your container or better yet a warm scuttle for your other passes.

Thank you for the ideas. I usually try to get the luxurious lather out by the last pass.

Kirk

I'm not guilty of this. I'm cheap as can be, so I try to use my soap 'sparingly'. I usually have enough left over for an extra pass or two when I'm done. But after my 2nd pass I squeeze out the soap and lather out of the brush, put it back in my scuttle, add a tiny bit of water and whip it up for the final pass. Works well for trying to cut back on soap usage.

I am so guilty of this as I would assume many are.

But I would be more curious about the more frugal folk around here and how many have only made enough for 1 1/2 passes and gotta reload!:laugh:

My soaps may outlive me, so I load to the hilt. Lather never gets squeezed from a brush until I'm rinsing it out when the shave is done.

My soaps may outlive me, so I load to the hilt. Lather never gets squeezed from a brush until I'm rinsing it out when the shave is done.

+97. I took off 3 because I don't use soaps so much.

Quite frankly, I'm frightened by how much stuff I've accumulated that I may never get through. Gillette may stop making blades before I'm anywhere near done.

And, what's worse, I haven't shaved in a WEEK, which means that's 7 days' worth of opportunities to overload that have disappeared.

I too will outlive my soaps, yet I am just the opposite. I load all of my soaps for about 60 seconds. Halfway through whipping up my lather in my scuttle, I squeeze my brush out and deposit all that lovely lather into my scuttle. Then whip some more. And it is freaking AWESOME lather! lol

Guilty! And I love it! I have so many soaps and creams I might as well load the h*ll out of them and have as much lather as I want

I guess I load fairly heavily as I always have enough soap for an extra pass or two. I don't want to risk having a craptacular shave because lather quality/quantity was not there due to me being stingy with loading soap. I will gladly load for 5, 10, 15 seconds longer if it meant 0 irritation.

I'm a head shaver, so I have a great excuse for loading more soap than most. :001_cool:

Depends on the soap:

Hard Puck - I load for a WHILE on the soap, and usually end up returning to the puck for more

Soft Cream - I just load the tips of my brush before bowl lathering and have enough for a full shave.

Croap - It took me a while to get my water / product mix right with the two croaps I have, and even now I'll find myself with an over abundance of fragrant lather-y goodness :drool: - there's certainly worse problems I could be having!

One has either too much lather or too little. I've never had 'just the right amount' of lather in a shave. Given the choices, I'd rather err on the side of too much. Product is cheap and if I get through it, that means I get to buy more! WIN WIN

Top Bottom