What's new

Say a protective prayer for me (to the deity of your choice)

MY sight unseen (with damage), razor came just now. Other than a lack of shine on the blade, i see no other "damage"! :thumbup: Wish I could run home and shave!
:angry:
Now a couple days last week i shaved with a Dovo Shavette for practice, and did little damage to the face (maybe more than a little), but I am psyched to try out the new razor. Hoping a real blade will be better than the shavette

it seems it is a "Red Injun 101", since I can't :cursing: actually shave with it now, will be stealing some time from work to research the history of the company "H. Boker & Co." and the blade ... ;)

MIke

Good luck with your shave. Just remember to GO SLOW, take your time and relax! Watch that angle and NO PRESSURE!

Cheers,

M.

YEs I admit that My first shavette shave was rushed 2 passes in a bout 10 mins.... yikes. will set aside MUCH more time this evening

Congrats, and good luck. A "true" straight razor is a bit more forgiving of technique than a shavette... but only a bit. Still has plenty of potential to do it's own damage. Take your time, keep track of where the whole blade is at all times, and of course, as was already said, watch the angle and pressure.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
MY sight unseen (with damage), razor came just now. Other than a lack of shine on the blade, i see no other "damage"! :thumbup: Wish I could run home and shave!
:angry:
Now a couple days last week i shaved with a Dovo Shavette for practice, and did little damage to the face (maybe more than a little), but I am psyched to try out the new razor. Hoping a real blade will be better than the shavette

it seems it is a "Red Injun 101", since I can't :cursing: actually shave with it now, will be stealing some time from work to research the history of the company "H. Boker & Co." and the blade ... ;)

MIke

A Red Injun? Sold as a sight unseen Whipped Dog? There is no justice in the world! I have been wanting a R.I. for quite some time, but all I have seen were $50+. What a steal you got! Enjoy it, because you have a particularly nice razor there. Don't matter that it ain't pretty. It's a fine razor that hones up nicely and shaves well.

You should find your Dog to be a much nicer shave than your shavette. I guess you have done your homework, but let me stress, ANGLE. Keep the angle low to your face. No more than a spine's thickness between the razor spine and your face. That is your ideal starting angle. Stretch that skin, too. Every time you happen to cut yourself, stop and think: "Did I fail to stretch the skin properly? Did I fail to maintain the proper shave angle?"

Good luck, and happy shaves!

Make sure you push hard when it hangs up. An if u pull it sideways for tough hairs ;)
:a51:

I can tell you that you got a nice razor from a good company. It should shave quite well and I don't think that that razor was made with a particularly shiny blade.

Top Bottom