What's new

Acquisitions for September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mailbox absolutely blew up today when a PIF and two purchases all hit at once. :001_tt1: I went from no razors (safety razors that is) to four in one day. I've got multiple razor, brush, soap, AS combos to try out now. The craziest part is I can't wait to shave with some of this stuff.....the first time in my life I have EVER looked forward to shaving.

Big thanks to Gary (gaj90027) for the Vintage Test Drive kit (purchase), Greg (GMofmiami) for the two vintage razors (purchase), and blackhhawk for an awesome gift (PIF) who was kind enough to help a newbie get started in a great way. Some great guys to deal with from a great community.....can't wait to lather up.

Warhorse

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great way to start off!

You're going to love that Semogue boar brush. I had one that I really liked and PIF'ed it to my girlfriends son-in-law along with bit of a starter kit. I'm happy to have started him on his way but I miss that brush.

Happy shaving!

And so it begins... I grabbed this Fili over on Straight Razor Place last night, from what I've seen around the web, it's a barber's straight razor and Classic Edge has it listed as pre-1970. The uniqueness of the red lettering has caught my eye, can anyone tell me more about it? I've only seen a few others of these on the web. History is that it was bought in the UK from strop-shop. The guy talked of the blade pulling when he tried to shave with it. My guess is he didn't have it properly honed. Thanks in advance!

Eli
$P1310121_zpsc746cfed.jpg$P1310119_zps711c9fb7.jpg$P1310120_zps557f2aed.jpg

Neil Miller at the strop shop will of definitely had it honed properly, my guess the guy who sold it couldnt shave or rolled the edge himself. should be good if you like small razors

I picked my wife up from the airport today, and knowing my recent passion for anything wet shaving related, she scored some major goodies for me!

I have to give her extra credit for tracking down the Gada...she was first put off, ironically, by the fact the tubes were only three bucks each...in her mind, perhaps they weren't good enough! Given what I've read on these forums, however, it appears that Gada is a well-liked cream that happens to be hard to find here in the States.

$IMG_0003.jpg

Todd R.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice score, Gada is very nice product. Here in Quebec, the Adonis Supermarket carry them. The Lord cream is pretty nice too!

I have a very similar fili. My preference is bigger razors with heavy grinds.
However my fili still is one of my favorites! It slices through my beard effortlessly!
Congrats on scoring a great razor!

Warhorse: What a great lot of stuff to start with!! Great blade variety. There are so many lather and brush and razor and blade and aftershave combinations in your future!

Last edited:
Barbershop luxury soap found at antique fair. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130908_113809_504.jpg
    $IMG_20130908_113809_504.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 348
  • $IMG_20130908_113859_316.jpg
    $IMG_20130908_113859_316.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 347
  • $IMG_20130908_113931_960.jpg
    $IMG_20130908_113931_960.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.