What's new

Wooden bowl?

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a nice wooden bowl?
I bought a refill of some Geo F. Trumper's almond soap, and right now it's living in an empty Wilkinson Sword plastic container. I would like to get a nice wooden bowl for it instead.
Canadian source would be a plus :)

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a nice wooden bowl?
I bought a refill of some Geo F. Trumper's almond soap, and right now it's living in an empty Wilkinson Sword plastic container. I would like to get a nice wooden bowl for it instead.
Canadian source would be a plus :)

I don't know of a Canadian source, but smallflower has some nice ones for $6.00.

here
and
here

Some really nice bowls posted. I guess the fit would be off a bit but a good way to save some money instead of buying Trumpers/Penhaligon's/Floris/ Czech & Speake No 88 soap bowl combos. Would love to see some pics if anyone has any of these soaps in one of these bowls.

Go to amazon. Do a search for shaving soap bowls. There is a great wooden bowl that you can find and it is only about 6.00. It is a really nice bowl.

Jon

Wood? No, but most stores in the Loblaw's chain stock Anchor Hocking bowls. Four rounded glass bowls with genuine blue plastic lids.

Not bad for 11 bucks.

Caswell and Massey make a nice $16 bowl with lid that contains either the 1752 Sandalwood or Almond soap. I gave the soap away ages ago but I still use that bowl everyday.

Some really nice bowls posted. I guess the fit would be off a bit but a good way to save some money instead of buying Trumpers/Penhaligon's/Floris/ Czech & Speake No 88 soap bowl combos. Would love to see some pics if anyone has any of these soaps in one of these bowls.

Good luck getting the C&S. They didn't use the word "discontinued", but when I e-mailed them they said they were out of stock on the bowls and had no idea when they'd be producing more.

If you don't have to have a lid, I picked up bowls just like these while in Hawaii last year.

I paid a whopping $1.29/bowl, and I did pick up a similar one but w/a lid for around $6. The curved lip really helps keep lather inside the bowl when you're working the soap.

So far I've milled three different soaps into these bowls, a MWF a lea shave stick and just this evening a Roger & Gallet soap into the one w/a lid. Since shave sticks tend to be a bit softer, it really helps to put the stick in the freezer before you mill it.

Top Bottom