What's new

PIF - Help Me Think of Contest Ideas - Win a B&B Essential Boar from the Eighth Batch

ONE FREE, NEW, UNUSED B&B ESSENTIAL BOAR FROM THE EIGHTH BATCH!​

Note: This contest ends at midnight Eastern time the same day the eighth batch of B&B Essentials go on sale.

Everyone has from now until the day the eighth batch of B&B Essentials go on sale to help me think of future contest ideas on how to give away a brush from future batches of B&B Essential boars.

The sixth batch of B&B Essential brushes sold out at West Coast Shaving a while ago and we're waiting on the seventh batch to be released. The winner(s) gets one free brush from the eighth batch, whichever color it may be. If I like your idea and decide to use it in the future, you win! There is no limit on the number of winners. Please do not repeat contest ideas that I've already used.

Here are ideas that I've already used:

1. Blue B&B Boar - Post a picture of your brush; winner was chosen randomly
  2. Smoke - Guess the next color; winner was chosen from correct guesses
  3. Red - Guess the release date; winner was chosen by closest guess
  4. Green - Guess how long it will take the fourth batch to sell out; winner was chosen by closest guess
  5. Orange - Post a picture of your brushes; two winners: picture that got the most votes and one random voter
  6. Yellow - Guess how many brushes I own; winner was chosen by closet guess
  7. Seventh batch - Help welcome new members; winner will be chosen randomly
  8. Eighth batch - Create a future contest idea; winner(s) will be chosen by me
Rules

1. This contest is open to every B&B member.
  2. You will not sell this brush.
How to Enter

1. Just post a contest idea on how I should give away future B&B Essential brushes. Also, explain how the winner will be chosen. Please do not repeat any contest ideas that I've listed above and have already used.
  2. Enter in at least your country for your location in your profile. Enter your state/province and/or city too if you'd like. See how my location says 'Atlanta, GA'? This can be found under 'Settings' then 'Edit Profile'; it's under the 'Additional Information' section.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Winner Selection

If I like your idea and decide to use it in the future, you win! There is no limit on the number of winners. Please do not repeat contest ideas that I've already used.

Long live SBAD!

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
How about : Guess the batch's production run?
I have no idea how to validate, but I assume WCS would be able to provide the answer.... unless it's a secret.

How about : Guess the batch's production run?
I have no idea how to validate, but I assume WCS would be able to provide the answer.... unless it's a secret.

Do you mean the number of brushes in a batch? If so, I think it's 150 for every batch, give or take a few.

You could have people guessing numbers between say 1 and 1000 and whoever is closest wins. Or put names on a board and throw a dart, whoever it lands on wins. Or you could go with a simple pick names out of a hat thing.

How about having entrants share their "brush" with fame and randomly selecting a winner from the entrants. Maybe they met someone notable or famous or knew them or interacted with them in some way or saw them while out and about in the real world, etc.

How about a recruitment theme? Along the lines of your current contest offering (Seventh batch - Help welcome new members), you could suggest a recruitment theme for the eighth such as: Member with the most verified and authentic new member referrals to the forum community by (you select the date) wins the brush?

Frank

You could do a "Guess the Champion" type theme for the World Series, Super Bowl, NCAA Champion both Football and Basketball, World Cup, NBA Finals, NHL Playoffs etc. Some of them may even coincide with the release of new batches. IF multiple people pick the same team, you can then narrow it by having anyone with the final two teams guess the final score.

You could do a "Guess the Champion" type theme for the World Series, Super Bowl, NCAA Champion both Football and Basketball, World Cup, NBA Finals, NHL Playoffs etc. Some of them may even coincide with the release of new batches. IF multiple people pick the same team, you can then narrow it by having anyone with the final two teams guess the final score.

I like this idea. You'll be one of, I hope, many winners.

As always, very generous PIF, James.

Not in.

how about guess the date of your 3,500th post.

Bumping rule # 2 for anyone who may have missed it

How to Enter
Enter in at least your country for your location in your profile. Enter your state/province and/or city too if you'd like. See how my location says 'Atlanta, GA'? This can be found under 'Settings' then 'Edit Profile'; it's under the 'Additional Information' section.

Long live SBAD!

Maybe tie the contest in with the Saint Sue auction. For example, the person who buys the most items or spends the most on a single item gets a brush. Who knows, maybe the possibility of getting a B&B essential brush for free might be the push someone needs to keep bidding.

Have people describe or design their "fantasy" brush ot brush of the future. Handle materials, knot fibers, self lathering etc. Be creative, something beyond this knot in this handle. The winner could be chosen by narrowing down to five finalists and have a panel choose.

Last edited:
My second idea entry: How about "Ugliest or Most Worn out Shaving Brush" contest. Wherein those who enter must submit a photo (with their user name on a piece of paper in the picture) of their current "worn out" brush to qualify for you to select those most deserved of receiving one of the new brushes from the eighth batch. You could even make it a Special SOTD picture contest with the old, tired worn out brushes being featured in the photo offerings of the contestants SOTD for that week.

Frank

Post a picture of your oldest piece of shaving equipment that you actually use --winner chosen randomly as many of the dates would be best-guess estimates.

How about a PIF contest: If you enter the PIF contest and pay something else forward, you'll be entered. Winner chosen randomly.
Basically you'll say you're in with the link to your PIF to be entered.

Well, could have the 'review a brush, win a brush!' contest. Entrants review a previouslu unreviewed brush (or razor, or blade, so you could do it multiple times) in the appropriate forum and a mod picks several finalists. Members vote on winning review. Fringe benefit of generating site content and potentially activity on sub forums with limited traffic.

Could have a key word, phrase or number hidden with in B&B website, drop a few hints as to where/what it might be. first one to put together the clues and find the word/phrase/number wins.

Thank you for a chance.

Sounds like fun.

Here's my competition idea:

Challenge: "Guess what brush I used today"

Set up a poll listing all the brushes you own (or the top 12 ;-)).
Make it a public poll.
When the poll is closed - select one random winner from the ones that picked the correct brush.

Alternative, if I can submit a second option (if not just skip it);

Competition: "What colour will the next brush be in?"

Exclude the already used colours.
Set up a poll with the colours that you yourself could consider possible (max 12)
Make it a public poll.
Select randomly one winner from ALL the entries (otherwise late voters would just vote for the ones with most votes) as thanks for playing.
Make the brush in the winning color :)

How about a Rock Paper Scissors contest. Pick three winners from the entrants in this thread and have them PM you Rock Paper or Scissors. Keep them PMing you until you have one winner.

Top Bottom