What's new

Faint Grafton scent

I just managed to get a small selection of T&H creams (difficult in Oz) and really love the performance and scent of the Trafalgar and 1805. I've also gotten a tube of Grafton, but find the scent really faint, like a weak and less complex version of TOBS Mr Taylor.

Is it the fact that the tube cream may be different from the tube, is Grafton a relatively subtle scent or do I just have an average sample? Does the Grafton cologne smell similarly faint, or will it last more than an hour or so on me? I tend to sweat a bit, so Colognes don't endure long with me.

I love Grafton; it's one of my favorite scents. I do not find it at all weak, in any of the forms I have (tub of cream, ASB and cologne). It's not in-your-face strong, certainly, but a far cry from weak. I also have TOBS Mr Taylor, and see no resemblance personally; in terms of strength, I would say Grafton definitely has both more projection and staying power, for me at any rate (YMMV of course).

I have to suspect you got something somewhat 'off' somehow. I would describe it as a fresh, zesty, clean scent with light woody undertones; kinda 'barbershoppy' in a way without seeming old or stuffy.

I am wearing Grafton (cologne) right now. And I will have to agree with Rorschuck's description of it.

It is not the strongest scent I have ever used. But that is one of the things I like about it.

Top Bottom