What's new

A bit of advice for a new Vapor

Ok so here is another update..... things are starting to make more sense now and my initial problems so to speak are becoming less and less. As I said above I have been 100% vaping for over 2 weeks now and doing good.... I found a ecig forum that really hooked me up with tons of info and spelled it all out very nicely to me so that I would understand all the terminology and really how to vape which is more like a cigar than a cigarette as the nicotine is not absorbed by the lungs only really by the mouth and the nose aka the mucous membrane itself and the lug pull is optional and ok to do but not necessary. they also taught me about priming and that solved a lot of my issues. Finally and I will post this chart here this is a Voltage to ohm chart to show the watts of the unit and the good zone to be in based on your atty's resistance. I'm learning be it slowly I'm getting there. As to B&M I ironically found one today bt they do not mix their own they resell a brand or two and only 10ml bottles but hey I supported them and picked up 7 bottles of some things to try. Here's that chart I found it very interesting.

$SafeVapingPowerChart_zpsf30410b2.jpg

i usually run mine at 9 watts with a 2.1 ohm head, ive been vaping for about a year now, and you'll find that certain flavors do really well at higher voltage or wattage, while others prefer lower settings, it all comes down to you though!
P.S. i work at a B&M vapor store so if you have any questions feel free to pm me :p

i usually run mine at 9 watts with a 2.1 ohm head, ive been vaping for about a year now, and you'll find that certain flavors do really well at higher voltage or wattage, while others prefer lower settings, it all comes down to you though!
P.S. i work at a B&M vapor store so if you have any questions feel free to pm me :p

That's awesome !!! thanks for the offer I may take you up on that at some point as I get lost in the sea of vaping.....LOL

Do you run a mech mod with an rda?

Ok I know this question was for tattooed but can you dumb down that question for me as a newb so I understand what you are asking...... his is what I understand from this so far using ohms law W=(V2/R) yes he is getting 22.05 watts..... now why run such a low resistance atomizer ? is lower resistance better than lets say me running a 4.2v at 2.8ohm and getting 6.3 watts ? where is the difference ( I know it is in the wattage and atomizer head but why is one better than the other ? Also what is a mech mod ? is that a mechanical mod and if so what is that ? also RDA ? now I am really lost.

Roughly speaking... Watts is heat. Heat creates vapor. More heat, more vapor. More or less.

rda is a rebuildable atomizer. You can't really buy such a low resistance atomizer, so the assumption is it's DIY. If you ask me, the D is for dumb, as in it's a dumb name: rebuildable dripping atomizer.

Last edited:
I'm not using a dripping atty, I'm using a genesis. RSST at the moment. I like drippers and think the flavor is possibly the best you can get but I really enjoy having a tank.

Just to explain my reason for preferring a mechanical mod, I like that there's nothing to break. No solder, no electronics.

Sub ohm vaping allows me to have a situation where I can take a 2 second hit that is at more satisfying than any other vape I've had. It's due to the higher heat. I think sub ohm vaping is something you do once this has become a hobby. You have to understand how to do it safely. I certainly don't advocate it to someone new.

I'm not using a dripping atty, I'm using a genesis. RSST at the moment. I like drippers and think the flavor is possibly the best you can get but I really enjoy having a tank.

Just to explain my reason for preferring a mechanical mod, I like that there's nothing to break. No solder, no electronics.

Sub ohm vaping allows me to have a situation where I can take a 2 second hit that is at more satisfying than any other vape I've had. It's due to the higher heat. I think sub ohm vaping is something you do once this has become a hobby. You have to understand how to do it safely. I certainly don't advocate it to someone new.

I agree I will not even remotely try this as I wouldn't know even how too LOL !!!!! could you explain one thing though what is a mechanical mod ? if nothing else I'm learning about vaping via the terminology and aspects I do not know or understand.

A mechanical mod works without the use of electrical connections and switches. The switch is totally mechanical, so there is no solder or wiring. It's really a simple device which makes it nearly impossible to fail.

A mechanical mod works without the use of electrical connections and switches. The switch is totally mechanical, so there is no solder or wiring. It's really a simple device which makes it nearly impossible to fail.

So are these homemade devices ? I assume there is still a power source probably a battery ...... you would still need a atomizer and a coil....... so my assumption as a electrical adept guy is that it would work as a constantly live circuit and would activate based upon airflow or suction pulling the coil in contact with the power source. then atomizing the juice. I overly simplified this but is my concept on track ? Again this is nothing I'm interested in trying at this point but I'm trying to learn..... Is there any commercial examples you could give me so I could look at one ? thanks for putting up with my million questions.

Here's a bunch of mechanical mods http://www.discountvapers.com/mechanical-mods/

I have the KTS+. Its basically a battery holder with a 510 connection at the top and a simple switch. In the case of the KTS the switch is just a spring loaded pin that makes connection when pushed with the battery post and completes the circuit.

You still need a cartomizer or attomizer of some sort on top. I use a genesis style rebuildable, the RSST. http://www.discountvapers.com/rsst-rebuildable-atomizer-kit/

Before there were commercially available mods out there, we made our own using flashlights. Here's my old one.

proxy.php

Anyhow, with as cheap as these things are now, its not worth the time and effort to make your own, even something as simple as a mechanical. Unless you have access to a machine shop.

If you're willing to wait on something from China, you can score decent gear really cheap here: http://www.fasttech.com/category/1411/electronic-cigarettes

Of course if you want to see an example of one of the best, Super T has a gorgeous mech.

proxy.php

Attachments

• $brass2.jpg
    $brass2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom