What's new

What's in Your Bag?

Follong a post elsewhere on the forum shows there are a lot of guys who play golf here.

With that in mind, a popular theme on the forum is "What's your...??" (Brush, cream, razor, pocketknife, drink of the day, etc.)

I have always found the articles which discuss what Tour Pros are carrying to be kind of interesting. So, I'm thinking why not try the same thing on here.

What's in YOUR golf bag?

Driver-Ping G25 10.5 deg.
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made RBZ 3W
Hybrid-Taylor Made RBZ 20 deg.
Irons-Ping G25 4-PW
Gap Wedge-Titleist Vokey 52 deg.
Sand Wedge-Titleist Vokey 56 deg.
Lob Wedge-Titleist Vokey 60 deg.
Putter-Ping Scottsdale B60
Bag-Nike Extreme
Ball-Bridgestone E5

All clubs regular flex

Ping G-10 Driver 9 deg stiff shaft
Ping G-5 irons, with x-stiff iron shafts (S,W,9,8,7,6,5)
Ping G-15 17 deg rescue stiff
Ping G-15 20 deg rescue stiff
Titleist Vokey 60 deg lob wedge
Old Ping putter (don't know model)
Bag, Callaway
Ball, Callaway Hot Pro

Now that I listed it, I've got a lot of ping stuff.

Last edited:
I have a LOT of clubs, but currently:

Driver: Wishon 919THI 11* on Proforce V2 75 S
4 wood: Wishon 949MC 16* on Icon FH Firm
7 wood: Wishon 929HS 20* on Accra HF Firm
4hybrid: Golfworks KE4-MP-1 on KBS Tour 120
5-PW: Snake Eyes 685OS Forged on KBS Tour 130
GW: Nakashima NP-1 52* on TT Black Gold R
SW: Wishon PCF Micro Tour 56*
LW: Snake Eyes 600W 60*
Putter: Dogleg Right Machine M2A Converter Fatback
Bag: Callaway Diablo Hybrid on Clicgear 3.0 pushcart
Ball: pretty much anything with a urethane cover that's on sale

Built all the clubs myself too

Driver-TaylorMade R9, 9.5 degrees, 1 degree open.
Fairway Wood-TaylorMade R9-TP 3W, 15 degrees, 1 degree open.
Hybrid-Taylor Made R11-TP 18 deg.
Irons-Mizuno MP59 3-7, MP69 8-pw
Sand Wedge-Titleist Vokey 54/14
Lob Wedge-Titleist Vokey 60/6.
Putter-Odyssey Rossa 2
Bag-Ping Hoofer
Ball-ProV1x

Driver - Cleveland TI 460 Launcher 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade V Steele - 15
3 Hybrid - Cobra Baffler - 20
4 Hybrid - Taylomade RBZ - 22
Irons - Taylormade R9 4-P
Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey - 52/08
Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey - 56/14
Putter - Ping Zing 2
Ball - Titleist NXT Tour/Pro V1/Pro V1X Depending on wind/rain/course/me

PING custom fit clubs

G19 3 Wood steel shaft
G20 5 Hybrid graphite
G20 7 Hybrid graphite
G19 9 iron steel
Odyssey ProType Tour putter #6

Sometimes added G19 driver graphite when I feel aggressive.

All carried in a Moon II bag. I enjoy walking and playing the game with very few tools in the bag. It's about using the club to its fullest potential whether choking down and short stoking, or shifting stance, etc. Thats how I enjoy playing the game.

Driver: Titleist 910 D3 8.5 degree with a Tour AD DJ7 X shaft
Wood: Cobra X-Speed Pro 13.5 degree 3W (love the old school Speeder shaft in this thing)
Irons: Titleist AP2 710 3-PW with KBS Tour X shafts
GW: Ping Tour 52 degree bent to 50 with KBS Tour X
SW: Taylormade TP XFT 54 degree with KBS Tour X
LW: Taylormade TP XFT 58 degree with KBS Tour X
Putter: Rotate between Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Classics Oil Can Newport
Bag: Titleist Ultralight two divider stand bag from the club I caddie at
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I love the idea of this thread. It's so interesting to see into other people's bags. Like that V-Steel 3 wood is on my short list of best 3 woods ever. Especially the steel shafted one. And KCee, it's awesome to see another club building enthusiast. I've done all the work on my own clubs. I've even experimented with a few grinds on some old 60 degree wedges I had lying around. It's fun to have a fully stocked club repair room available every day when I get in from caddying.

It's fun to build clubs, but it's a slippery slope! I'm already planning out next year's bag and I probably won't be playing until April....which is really depressing to think about.

Oh yeah I'm aware. I'm hoping to get a set of Scratch wedges soon and I'm still looking for a set of Titleist 735cm irons in good condition. I'm visiting my friend who goes to a golf school in FL over christmas break. He's got access to the PGA Golf Club - that has 54 holes designed by Tom Fazzio and Pete Dye - and the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Development. I've never been able to take a winter golf trip before.

It's beautiful there! I haven't been in a few years even though I'm only an hour south. Very reasonable and the best part is how truly nice the folks there are and how they treat you. Of course like I said it's been a while but that's how it was when I was there.
Excellent tracks. Should be nice weather for you as well. Enjoy!

Thanks! The best part is, it'll be free! It's included in his tuition. I haven't played since September because of a shoulder injury and haven't swung a club since then, so we definitely won't be playing for any money ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! The best part is, it'll be free! It's included in his tuition. I haven't played since September because of a shoulder injury and haven't swung a club since then, so we definitely won't be playing for any money ;)

You may be surprised how well you swing the club. I hurt my left shoulder much earlier this year and with the bad spring weather I really didn't play for nearly 2 months. My short game was even worse than usual, but my swing was better than ever. I still can't believe how long and straight I drove the ball. I think the injury forced me to improve my tempo....not that it could get worse lol. I just hope it's still there next year!

My short game used to be my strongest part of my game but lately I'm hitting some short approach shots fat. Need to iron that out. As for fighting through pain and injuries I've done my share of that too. Lately I've been battling severe tendinitis in my forward hip flexor. Very painful.

I went to a golf galaxy the other day to relieve some stress for finals. I was actually swinging a lot better than I thought. Hitting it around 275-280 so it's a good start. I'd just feel a little tweak at the top so I didn't want to make my normal passes at it. I'm sure the short game is gonna take me a few hours of knocking off rust. Especially since I've never putted on bermuda.

Sorry to hear about your hip CB! Hopefully it starts feeling better soon.

I went to a golf galaxy the other day to relieve some stress for finals. I was actually swinging a lot better than I thought. Hitting it around 275-280 so it's a good start. I'd just feel a little tweak at the top so I didn't want to make my normal passes at it. I'm sure the short game is gonna take me a few hours of knocking off rust. Especially since I've never putted on bermuda.

Sorry to hear about your hip CB! Hopefully it starts feeling better soon.

Putting on bermuda isn't as bad as chipping and pitching, to me. The ball just settles way down because the grass grows straight up, not as plush as the bent/blue/rye grass in the midwest.

Putting on bermuda isn't as bad as chipping and pitching, to me. The ball just settles way down because the grass grows straight up, not as plush as the bent/blue/rye grass in the midwest.

It'll be an adventure for sure! Where to you play RJ? I live in the northern subs of IL

After being down here for twenty years after moving from bent greens in Ohio I find that I still play too much break. If I could give one bit of advice for playing Florida greens is don't give the hole away. If in doubt putt straight at it!

It'll be an adventure for sure! Where to you play RJ? I live in the northern subs of IL

I live in Chicago but grew up in Woodstock. I played a lot as a kid all over northern Illinois, mostly in mchenry county. I've played more rounds at Mchenry country club. How about you?

Top Bottom