What's new

Shave at night?

OK I was reading (with an odd obsession) the "100 shaves with a Gold Dollar" challenge thread.

Kept readint ath a nunmber of folks seem to shave at night? I like the idea of beaing able to enjoy a cigar and a Jim Beam (or scotch) after, but as I was enjoying my Scotcch (Macallans 18) last night I was thinking; is it better to save at night? A little healing before the morning and a new day? Or would I miss starting my day off fresh and with a little sting on my face? would I have a little shadow by lunch?

hmmmmmm others? thoughts?

My first straight comes from Whipped Dog any day now! ;) Til then Merkur HD DE....

:001_unsur

As said above, I shave at night because I want no deadline, no shot clock. Relax, enjoy the smells, the experience. Block out the outside world. It is all about you, that razor and a silky smooth job well done.

Shave when you feel like it.

I shave last thing at night fairly frequently - my wife seems to appreciate it a little more than my boss.

I split my shaves about half at night and half in the morning. It's generally decided more by whether I'll have time to shower and shave in the morning juggling work schedules, young children, etc. Both are enjoyable. I find nights to be a relaxing way to end the day and mornings a relaxing way to kick things off.

In short, there is no bad time for a quality shave. Try both, do what works for you.

well I know my first few shaves with a straight (coming fromw Whipped DOg soon I hope) will be at night, when I am fully awake ;) If I like it, i may just stick with it ;)

well I know my first few shaves with a straight (coming fromw Whipped DOg soon I hope) will be at night, when I am fully awake ;) If I like it, i may just stick with it ;)

Not just awake, make sure the first few shaves are when you have time. Mornings can be rushed for many of us.

I'd also suggest setting up a shave journal. It's a great way to track progress and ask for help. I wish I did that when I started.

I work in construction so it's not imperative that I be ultra clean shaven when I start work as long as I look presentable and professional, no one said a word about it. I shave right after my shower when I get home from work around 4-4:30pm. This normally leads to a 5 o'clock shadow for me around 10am but it doesn't make me look unprofessional or anything by the 3:30 quit time. For me, it's more important that swmbo gets a freshly showered and clean shaven husband to snuggle up to than the guys on the job site as I am not going to snuggling up to ANYTHING with them :scared:. It also gives my face some time to heal before I get all sweaty as that's when I really feel any shaving irritation

Last edited:
Come join the ranks of the Vampire Shaving brethren. We don't bite.

$Count-Dracula-dracula-vampire-blood-smiley-emoticon-000135-large.gif

I find a bit of splash in the morning gives a nice satisfying sting.

For the record, there is no thread systematizing the Vampire discipleship. Because we all know Vampires don't exist. Right? After all, Vlad Țepeș' body was never found.

Top Bottom