What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

So for $20.00 one can get a RazoRock/Cadet/Pearl. I had the RR-good quality and most importantly a good vendor to do business with.. Let's support our vendors because possibly someone seeing the commercial might say to themselves--Hmmm...I know this guy and he's got all this stuff and.... I've got 4 converts and they'll meet others.Sometimes I'll take my '36 Aristocrat with me when I take a walk and if perchance in the course of the walk, shaving comes up, well bingo! I've got a great ice breaker (aside from asking if they want a Walnetto). So when someone says -hey did you see that commercial with....take out that Tech, Merkur SE, Slim, UFO handled whatever,Yes even a straight and once they touch it there's a good chance with the right person to get them to try a better experience.

p.s. I wonder how much you could get Chum Lee to buy one for?

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Why is this a sticky?

Just because it is kinda neat when someone with a TV show is promoting DE shaving. Also if people are buying the razor he is selling, are we not the right people to ask for the best in the universe advice on how to use it and to guide them to the best soap, equipment etc?

The add mentions that they will include 24 razors for free and that these 24 should last you a year. So, one blade should last more than two weeks. Good luck with that idea! It also seems that their web site is not working well.

the thread isnt about the add anyway, its about the DE blade making its way onto television with a celebraty endorser, granted its not like its brad pitt or anything but it is a step forward for the thing we all love here

I tend to avoid shows like pawn stars or storage wars but it was a t.v. movie that re-sparked my interest in DE shaving. You all will probably think I need help after reading the next sentence but here goes. I stumbled over the T.V. movie, Ride the Bullet and in one scene, the main character took a blade out of a TTO razor and slashed his wrists (he was saved). It was the facts that the blade was not surrounded by plastic and there was only one blade. That's what drew me in. Yes I know you are wondering how an attempted suicide scene could possibly draw a person into wet DE shaving. But that is what happened. I started searching around using Google and found this forum. That was in June. Today I am totally happy I converted and I love shaving now. I really must thank all of the knowledgeable people on this forum who helped me find my way. I really think that old style shaving needs more exposure. I have been posting on FB about DE shaving and about Badger and Blade. I have also pointed around 10 people to Badger and Blade.

I tend to avoid shows like pawn stars or storage wars but it was a t.v. movie that re-sparked my interest in DE shaving. You all will probably think I need help after reading the next sentence but here goes. I stumbled over the T.V. movie, Ride the Bullet and in one scene, the main character took a blade out of a TTO razor and slashed his wrists (he was saved). It was the facts that the blade was not surrounded by plastic and there was only one blade. That's what drew me in. Yes I know you are wondering how an attempted suicide scene could possibly draw a person into wet DE shaving. But that is what happened. I started searching around using Google and found this forum. That was in June. Today I am totally happy I converted and I love shaving now. I really must thank all of the knowledgeable people on this forum who helped me find my way. I really think that old style shaving needs more exposure. I have been posting on FB about DE shaving and about Badger and Blade. I have also pointed around 10 people to Badger and Blade.
cool story Ender, lots of us here end up on the forums over weird ways or another

the thread isnt about the add anyway, its about the DE blade making its way onto television with a celebraty endorser, granted its not like its brad pitt or anything but it is a step forward for the thing we all love here
LoL God help us all if Brad Pitt, Val Kilmer, or Tom Cruise ever make DE wet shaving ads.

I'm a fan of the Pawn Stars, but I think Rick is doing a disservice to wetshaving. As we all know and have experienced, until you have your prep, lather and general technique down, the wetshaving experience is not going to be all it can be. I think he is going to turn off more wetshaving converts than ever. For example, I lather once, then do passes and touch ups with only water, no lather. This gets me BBS with no irritation. This can't be taught in a commercial. Is he even showing how to make a proper lather? If we wet shavers had the power, we should pull his ad time immediately.

I'm a fan of the Pawn Stars, but I think Rick is doing a disservice to wetshaving. As we all know and have experienced, until you have your prep, lather and general technique down, the wetshaving experience is not going to be all it can be. I think he is going to turn off more wetshaving converts than ever. For example, I lather once, then do passes and touch ups with only water, no lather. This gets me BBS with no irritation. This can't be taught in a commercial. Is he even showing how to make a proper lather? If we wet shavers had the power, we should pull his ad time immediately.

How do you show all of that in a commercial? But I agree there should have been a disclaimer saying "Learning required. Visit www.badgerandblade.com for more info"

Rick is selling a razor, not wetshaving. Most folks will likely use it with their regular canned shaving cream, and won't get into all of the wetshaving rigmarole.

Rick is selling a razor, not wetshaving. Most folks will likely use it with their regular canned shaving cream, and won't get into all of the wetshaving rigmarole.

Problem is that, without something more of an introduction, these same people will also probably go at their faces the way they would with a cartridge razor and either carve themselves to pieces or wonder why they're not done after one pass. It's not just a tool swap, even if they're not taking on all of the rigamarole. I know I was a total idiot the first time I used a DE, and that was after having read up a fair bit and watched many different videos. Heaven help someone who's only seen this ad -- or, more to the point, B&B help them!

People have been DE shaving for 110 years, and I doubt that very many of them had much of an introduction. But, since we do now have information at our fingertips, the people that can't learn by trial and error, will probably seek out some guidance from the internet.

People have been DE shaving for 110 years, and I doubt that very many of them had much of an introduction. But, since we do now have information at our fingertips, the people that can't learn by trial and error, will probably seek out some guidance from the internet.

There's a little difference between guys who shifted to a DE from a straight or started with a DE right off the bat back when it was the norm, and guys today who learned to shave with a cart. Shaving has essentially been turned into a "mindless" activity, which is great if you want to be done as quickly as possible without having to think about it. But that mindset will work against someone just trying out a DE without understanding that it's fundamentally different from a cart. Worse, there are things that need to be actively unlearned, like the use of pressure to keep a pivoting head with floating blades properly engaged.

There's a little difference between guys who shifted to a DE from a straight or started with a DE right off the bat back when it was the norm, and guys today who learned to shave with a cart. Shaving has essentially been turned into a "mindless" activity, which is great if you want to be done as quickly as possible without having to think about it. But that mindset will work against someone just trying out a DE without understanding that it's fundamentally different from a cart. Worse, there are things that need to be actively unlearned, like the use of pressure to keep a pivoting head with floating blades properly engaged.
well thats not entirely true either Mac, barbers, butlers, and slaves usually shaved people, until world war one I don't think many men shaved themselves at all, the army and the availability of the DE was the first time most men began to shave themselves, in large numbers anyway, so a lot of men had to figure it out on there own then as well

Top Bottom