What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

Website mentions nothing about the differences in DE shaving vs cartridge. Going to be a lot of bleeding with new customers. LOL!

The first time I saw this ad, I started to think about how much shaving with my electric or what ever multi blade had at the time was just a morning ritual. Deciding go back to a DE and not wanting to jump on a 'too good to be true' ad, I did a Google and found B & B. What a good move, picked up a Mekur and some good soap, got out my old brush and Old Spice mug and started getting a good shave. Good or bad razor the ad got me back to a DE and discovering this great board.

This is really cool. This type of press is great for the world of wet shaving IMO. Hopefully this wakes up some of the larger companies to get back in the production of DEs and the like.

Lol gillettes new DE with disposable head and 2 blades each side is already in preliminary works

We should pool our money and get the old spice guy, or kevan, to do a B&B tv spot

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The first time I saw this ad, I started to think about how much shaving with my electric or what ever multi blade had at the time was just a morning ritual. Deciding go back to a DE and not wanting to jump on a 'too good to be true' ad, I did a Google and found B & B. What a good move, picked up a Mekur and some good soap, got out my old brush and Old Spice mug and started getting a good shave. Good or bad razor the ad got me back to a DE and discovering this great board.

Glad to have you.:thumbup1:

The commercial got my attention because it is the first "mainstream" recognition about men's traditional wetshaving. While Rick Harrison is doing this for the money, (so-who doens't and I would too) the commercial brings valid points about the virtues and benefits of wetshaving to the masses. With the power of google, we knew that people would be curious and start investigating after they saw this ad. James jumped up there and volunteered and did an eexcellent job. We as moderators are hoping to attract new members to our community, so they can enjoy the same benefits and luxuries of a great shave. Once they learn that, it has been often said, "I cam e for the shave but I stayed for the .....(fill in the blank) Barber Shop, The Nib, the hab and etc....I hope that anyone lurking is finding useful information here, but I compel you to join and jump in here with the rest of us. Most us don't bite....You will find great useful information and a whole slew of very friendly and helpful members here to get you going in the right direction in perfecting your grooming.

Thanks for stopping by....

mark....the janitor....

I went looking around for a review and see that Mantic59 must have ordered one but I don't know if he ever posted back how it worked out:
http://sharpologist.com/2013/07/taking-one-for-the-team-just-ordered-a-micro-touch-one.html
he actually posted in here a few pages back, he has yet to receive it Frank

And I have yet to receive it. Last I checked the status on my particular order it said (as it's always said) "Processing, allow 2-6 weeks for delivery." I ordered it on 7/26. Another customer just told me that he called for an order status and was told deliveries were back-ordered until the end of Sept. My BS-O-Meter is crawling upwards....

I love how the dude demonstrating the product is shaving in long aggressive passes. No beard reduction at all! lol

I'm glad he's pitching this. The more men who are aware of this wonderful art, the better I say. I'm sick of honest men getting gouged for crap, ridiculously expensive multi-blade cartridges. And the razor he's selling is a pretty low price point.

Anyone know if it's any good? I bet it's pretty mild.

I just saw Rick's commercial on a calssic tv channel that normally has ads for catheters, Colonial Penn guaranteed acceptance life insurance, erectile dysfunction penis pumps, Consumer Cellular, the Hoveround, and "I've fallen and I can't get up" products.

Not exactly the 18-49 demographic.

Great thread! Since this is potentially the first modern day advertisement for a DE razor, it would be a good experiment to track how many new North American members are signing up during the time this advertisement runs, compare it with previous years' data for the same time period and gauge the increase in B&B registrations due to this advertisement. Just my suggestion to the mods but I do realize that this may be a lot of work.

I too think that this ad is great promo. for DE shaving... glad to see that. However, it thought that Rick acted like a TTO razor was a brand new concept over the old 3-piece razors. Perhaps this was just my impression.

Top Bottom