What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

In many ways this is a watershed moment in our little hobby. When was the last time a DE razor was advertised on national TV during prime time?

Have we reached the tipping point? Who knows, but it's interesting to see nonetheless.

^THIS. I expect blade cost to go up in the next few years as safety razors once again go "mainstream", I am stockpiling now.

I think that's nonsensical. The more demand, the more likely there will be more options in the stores. The more options, the more competitive the market.
Vintage razors.on the bay on the other hand....

I guess I should be supposed to be surprised that a guy who makes a living flogging old stuff is promoting a new razor. But im not :)

The more mainstream these get, the more likely some will search out more info, and the more likely they end up here, the best shaving forum on the nets.
The more members here, the more business for our wonderful artisans and vendors and the more healthy the industry.
The more traditional wet shavers the better!

I dont think that will happen.... more and more people may come to love traditional wet shaving... but I don't think you'll see it get to that point, if it were to even get close gillette would retool a disposable to get things back in their favour

I dont think that will happen.... more and more people may come to love traditional wet shaving... but I don't think you'll see it get to that point, if it were to even get close gillette would retool a disposable to get things back in their favour
Revive the SuperSpeed! Dollar 95 Fatboys for everrrybody!

Rick is a business man.
I am quite confident that his motive is for profit rather than spreading the Gospel.
Let's not quite "Canonize" him yet. If the razor ends up being a cheapo import it could turn away more than it converts.
But,that said, he is a business man and senses that there has been a movement towards a better and more cost effective way of shaving.
He has brought televised attention to our way of shaving....still the "As Seen on TV" products have been less than amazing that I have purchased.
I hope its a decent razor and that its promoting helps our supporting vendors sell the necessities to accommodate it...

Last edited:
Rick is a business man.
I am quite confident that his motive is for profit rather than spreading the Gospel.
Let's not quite "Canonize" him yet. If the razor ends up being a cheapo import it could turn away more than it converts.
But,that said, he is a business man and senses that there has been a movement towards a better and more cost effective way of shaving.
He has brought televised attention to our way of shaving....still the "As Seen on TV" products have been less than amazing that I have purchased.
I hope its a decent razor and that its promoting helps our supporting vendors sell the necessities to accommodate it...

He is a business man, first and foremost for sure. His business is in vintage and antique goods much of the time, and the correct appraisal of them. Any bets he's seen the trend of DE/SE prices on ebay going up, and more foot traffic in his shops searching out vintage shaving gear as being one of the reasons he sensed the movement?

I want to see Orange County Choppers make a DE razor themed bike.

+1, that would be "sharp"! I'll leave now....

Even though its a cheap looking product, I like the intent. B&B is an invaluable asset to anyone intrigued by the proposition of shaving with a DE and a quality one at that!

He is a business man, first and foremost for sure. His business is in vintage and antique goods much of the time, and the correct appraisal of them. Any bets he's seen the trend of DE/SE prices on ebay going up, and more foot traffic in his shops searching out vintage shaving gear as being one of the reasons he sensed the movement?

If I had to guess, I would say it was an idea from "Microtouch," as they've been in the as-seen-on-tv shaving gear game for a few years now. Probably just thought Rick would make a good spokesman for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to guess, I would say it was an idea from "Microtouch," as they've been in the as-seen-on-tv shaving gear game for a few years now. Probably just thought Rick would make a good spokesman for it.

(Light bulb comes on - literally) I need to design an led light attachment for use on Vintage razors.....I don't know how I have managed to shave properly without one ?!?!? :lol:

Last edited:
Anything that puts the word out is a good thing. I came to B&B from a fountain pen site. Refound my old straights and got rid of the beard.

Rick just picked up a cheque, the razor may or may not be quality, the big issue is it was advertosed on TV people will look it up and our community may get some great new members looking to improve their shave and shave spending

That's kind of cool, its probably the only tv ad I've seen in my lifetime for a DE

I do not think the Weishi is a bad razor, but that there are few companies in China that make them. So quality control is going to be spotty. Mantic59 uses a Weishi at a shave clinic at my local barbershop.

CHEERS!

--T

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, believe it or not, that commercial is the reason I'm here. It reminded me of watching my dad shave with a DE and me first learning on one until I got my first electric soon after. Now that I'm retired and have some more time on my hands that commercial got me to thinking. No, I didn't order one. I'm an original type guy, so I started searching eBay and found this site. My Fat boy arrives in the mail today and I purchased a Slim and some brushes and other items here on this site. So after 35 or so years I will be learning to shave all over again!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well, believe it or not, that commercial is the reason I'm here. It reminded me of watching my dad shave with a DE and me first learning on one until I got my first electric soon after. Now that I'm retired and have some more time on my hands that commercial got me to thinking. No, I didn't order one. I'm an original type guy, so I started searching eBay and found this site. My Fat boy arrives in the mail today and I purchased a Slim and some brushes and other items here on this site. So after 35 or so years I will be learning to shave all over again!
That's the spirit!

There have already been a couple of posts on this ad. I think Mantic even purchased one to try out and is still waiting on getting it.
And I have yet to receive it. Last I checked the status on my particular order it said (as it's always said) "Processing, allow 2-6 weeks for delivery." I ordered it on 7/26. Another customer just told me that he called for an order status and was told deliveries were back-ordered until the end of Sept. My BS-O-Meter is crawling upwards....

And I have yet to receive it. Last I checked the status on my particular order it said (as it's always said) "Processing, allow 2-6 weeks for delivery." I ordered it on 7/26. Another customer just told me that he called for an order status and was told deliveries were back-ordered until the end of Sept. My BS-O-Meter is crawling upwards....

Sounds like they have them made to order groups so they can drop ship from a supplier in batches,... either that or they really have blown their inventory up with a lot of orders from the Rick ad's

Top Bottom