What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

So....I picked up the Micro Touch One. It's nothing special, but for $10 I got a decent little razor with a razor stand. It came with 10 Dorco blades which are now in the trash, but with a proper blade this isn't a bad razor. I've got a DE89 at home but keep the Micro Touch One at work in case I'm running late one day. ***My job requires a shaved face***

My wife bought me the Micro Touch 2 advertised by Brett Fahr. It is a multi blade cart razor with a years worth of blades. I think it is a decently designed razor that gives great shaves. Very smooth and comfortable as well. It is a very nice razor and well worth the $19.98 that she paid for it.

Walmart .98 cents for 5 Wilkinson

Which ones? And which Walmart?

A few years ago Walmart reliably carried the German manufactured (Energizer, not P&G) Wilkinson. But then they stopped carrying them at least all around the US. I'm wondering if it's just old stock or a new supply line.

I just found this site. I bought a MTO about 6 months ago after seeing Ricks ad on TV. I used a DE shaver when I was in high school, don't remember the brand but probably a Gillette with Gillette Blue Blades. I don't remember when I switched to disposables but I have been using them for decades. I used the double bladed Gillette's and the single bladed Bic's. The Bic's were sharper than the Gillette's but would cut me if I wasn't careful.

After seeing Rick's ad, I thought maybe I should go back to the DE's, disposables are getting quite expensive and I haven't been happy with the shave anyway. I got the MTO and the first few shaves I was very careful so I wouldn't "injure" myself. Heck, you couldn't hurt yourself even if you tried. So to make a long story a little shorter I am about to use my last blade and started looking on line for replacements. I live in a smaller town and no one here sells DE blades. I have been generally happy with the Dorco ST3000's but on a site I was searching carries the 3001's. So trying to compare the two I found B&B to see if I want to try those or not. And after reading this whole thread I think I need a new razor, something a little more aggressive. So after reading all of this I think I will order a DE89L and a sampler pack of blades. Even a more aggressive blade in the MTO might also do the trick. I haven't been unhappy with the shaves I am getting, very comfortable but not quite as close as I would like.

So anyway, I am here due to Rick's ad. And I believe I will quit the lather in a can and get a brush and some real shaving soap. You guys have opened my eyes, so instead of a quick job in the morning I will start making it more of an enjoyable experience.
kk

The General's blades are adequate. Nothing to write home about. But they shave good enough. They'll get you through if you want to search for better. Or they'll be good enough uf you're satisfied.

You can find blades all over the internet, and there's scores of threads about blades here. I'm currently working my way through a stash of Lab Blues a friend gave me.

Try a sampler pack from one of the fine sponsors here.

I suspect you will find that using a brush and soap will be a great improvement.

This is the commercial that made me want to try out safety razors. Saw this and a couple weeks later bought my Parker 99R. I love it and I'm so glad i switched from the expensive cartridge razors.:thumbup1:

My sister bought me one of these. I already had a Lord L6 I was using. At first I didn't like it very much, mostly because of the short handle and my perception of the smoothness of the razor compared to the L6. However, I'm liking it more and more. I'm getting more used to the different angle (larger than the one I use for the L6) and the TTO top is pretty convenient.

I don't yet care for the Dorco blades, but I'm going to give them another try. So far, both the BlueBirds and the Astra SP work well in it for me.

I'm halfway through this thread, but figured I'd reply first. Is there a difference between the order online "version" and that found in As Seen on TV stores or in Walmart? On the US end and reviews, they all show with a case, however up here in Canada, the packaging only shows a simple stand, no indication of a case within the packaging....

Well I always see this one in reviews
proxy.php
proxy.php

But in store I always only see these, with no indication on the box if there's a case
proxy.php

I got the same stand. However in need of a case or some sort to throw it into while travelling....upcoming trip in September :D
I figured if it came with one, why not. Another razor (bonus for TTO just to change it up) to add to the collection.
I may need to reorganize my drawer ;)

mine just got here today. surprising fast shipping and not a bad deal for just over $6.(cat not included)$IMG_1644.JPG

not sure if its supposed to do this though....

$IMG_1645.JPG

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

update:

its ok. i 'fixed' it when i tried to tighten it.

$IMG_1646.jpg

lololol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom