What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

20 bucks gets you a good condition SuperSpeed or NEW that will outlast you. A bit more.change gets you a new RazoRock or Maggard razor that will last many years.
20 bucks for a disposable razor is unacceptable.
Just to be clear, I was being sarcasstic about the $20 disposable wisecrack. I expected to get a couple years out of the thing.

Maybe the VDH razor is not the same as the MTO razor. I've has no problems with either of my MTOs, and neither has my son.

This commercial brought me back to DE shaving after an absence of 28 years. On the move to AZ in 1985, I left my Gillette Super Speed and all the shaving kit on the roof of the car one morning when driving off from a night in a motel. I used an Atra after that but finally became disgusted with the cost of the cartridges. This commercial made me look for and find lots of razors and blades on the internet. I did not buy this particular razor in the commercial but a Razor Rock TTO and then 10 more razors including another old Super Speed. Very glad I watched this commercial and paid attention.

I bought one a couple months ago. Granted it was my first DE, but it seems well made. I hated it with the Dorco blades it came with. But with a Rapira stainless, it was the closest most comfortable shave yet. Only reason I shelved it was to try out a 1921 Gillette new standard I picked up for $10

Being repetitive here as I've already mentioned on the newbie threads; this commercial brought me here because it made me wonder if I was the only ancient old man alive who always shaved with a DE all his life and never knew anything about modern cartridge razors. I guess I never even knew what I wasn't missing.:001_smile

Last edited:
I thought I read the Razor is the exact same one that Stirling is selling for $6

Quite a markup

As best as anyone can tell, and having had them both in my hands at the same time, I'm pretty confident in saying the Micro Touch One is a rebranded Weishi razor, which retails about the same price, or used to, as the Micro Touch. I don't know at all what Stirling is selling, could be the same razor, and they found a direct from China source to order them in bulk from. I know the price on the Chinese Gold Dollar straights vary between $4 each and like $19 for the same razor, depending on what vendor you find.

I thought I read the Razor is the exact same one that Stirling is selling for $6

Quite a markup

You get Rick's personal blessings. What's the problem?

Actually I think I paid about $11 for my Weishi. And they really are pretty easy to buy in bulk direct from China. There is an email address on the blister pack if you buy the one with no frills, and they answer their email.

You can get them with your own branding, with custom engraving on the door, unfinished, etc. The factory won't sell small orders, but there is a direct supplier they deal with on Alibaba that will sell quantities as small as 100. Best I can recall - it's been about a year since I chased it down - if you buy 1000 they're under $3 each shipped.

I tried to talk them into producing a model that was higher quality - like a real Gillette - and they politely indicated that there's a billion shavers in Asia, and maybe 25K guys in North America willing to spend a high price on a Chinese manufactured razor.

Last edited:
Yup, picked one up @ Wallyworld (comes with a nice stand too), slapped in a Personna and had a great shave. It is a carbon copy Weishi to me, but picked one up to keep the wet wet word spreading!

Yup, picked one up @ Wallyworld (comes with a nice stand too), slapped in a Personna and had a great shave. It is a carbon copy Weishi to me, but picked one up to keep the wet wet word spreading!

I just saw that VDH is selling them at Target rebranded for them, along with the the usual VDH stuff.

I just saw this razor for sale at Bartell's. Only it was not in the shaving section; it was in the "As Seen On TV" section. Cost was $19.99 for the razor, stand, and 12 blades.

No, I didn't buy it.

I just saw it a CVS for 19.99. I almost bought it just to try it out, but I can get a superspeed for that price. I think it is nice for people to get introduced to DE shaving but I wouldn't buy it.

Top Bottom