What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

If I had a choice between a Weishi and a cheapo cartridge razor,I would go the cartridge.
Those Weishi's don't cut the mustard as a beard reduction tool.
This guy will make a million out of endorsing a crap product and put off potential d/e shavers for life.
If you can't get a decent shave in two passes,with a decent blade,the razor is crap. Weishi's are crap and this clone will certainly be no different.

I've had pretty good shaves with this razor. I still think the blade is most important, not saying the razor isn't but a good blade will work in most razors including the MTO.

Weishi makes several lines of razors. The bottom of the pile plastic ones probably aren't worth the dollar they cost.

This razor is the top of their offerings. It is an all brass razor based on the old Gillette first TTO.

The fit and finish is not up to the old Gillette quality, but the razor is basically a sound platform.

This is available in several sales configurations, ie different case, different blades, etc.

Te factory will sell them bulk for about $2/ea. and you can get a custom logo for another $0.50 per piece.

To buy a thousand razors configured like the Pawn Star's razor, decent little mirror case and so forth, would probably cost about $5K delivered to LA harbor. Obviously 25,000 razors would be cheaper. And 100,000 cheaper still.

Early last year I tried to talk the factory into making a variant that's got better fit and finish - like impeccable - with Rhodium plating that sells for $50-60. They wouldn't bite. I could buy them unfinished and plate them myself, but their core market is the billion men using DE razors in Asia, not 5,000 aficionado nerds in affluent countries.

On reflection I see the sense in their decision.

I PIFd mine to a co-worker with a VDH starter kit. I didn't think it was that bad of a razor when I started out. It's truly a YMMV thing.

I was curious about them and then happened to see one at a Walmart. It looked pretty cheap and lightweight so it quashed any desire to try one out.

I have tried several Weishi branded razors. The 2004-V and several of the 9306 models. I think they are a great entry level razor. The 9306-A was my favorite, but I favored the gold plate. These razors may not last a lifetime like a vintage Gillette would, but if a new DE shaver gets into the wet shaving world with one, it is $20 well spent. Too bad some entrepreneur hasn't taken their lead and started manufacturing some of better quality in the USA.

That wonderful old gentleman barber shaving the actor at 30 seconds in commercial is right down the street from where I live and has given me a touch up before.

That wonderful old gentleman barber shaving the actor at 30 seconds in commercial is right down the street from where I live and has given me a touch up before.
Thats amazing. wonder if he knows he kind of famous here now

I bought one at Walmart. It worked well enough to get me hooked on DE shaving and convinced me to buy a good vintage razor.

Worked well, that is, until it stopped working. After two months of use the TTO mechanism stopped working. I've tried hot water soaking and a WD-40 bath, but I can't get it to open anymore.

I e-mailed the company, who advised there is no warranty and they can't do anything for you if you buy from a retailer. So...the return policy of the place you buy is your only protection against a defective product.

I bought one at Walmart. It worked well enough to get me hooked on DE shaving and convinced me to buy a good vintage razor.

Worked well, that is, until it stopped working. After two months of use the TTO mechanism stopped working. I've tried hot water soaking and a WD-40 bath, but I can't get it to open anymore.

I e-mailed the company, who advised there is no warranty and they can't do anything for you if you buy from a retailer. So...the return policy of the place you buy is your only protection against a defective product.

I have noticed a bit more slop in mine with only about a month's use. At 20 bucks it is a disposable.

I have noticed a bit more slop in mine with only about a month's use. At 20 bucks it is a disposable.

20 bucks gets you a good condition SuperSpeed or NEW that will outlast you. A bit more.change gets you a new RazoRock or Maggard razor that will last many years.
20 bucks for a disposable razor is unacceptable.

Take it back to Walmart. If you stand in the interminably long line and state your case they'll take back anything.

You probably won't get cash.

20 bucks gets you a good condition SuperSpeed or NEW that will outlast you. A bit more.change gets you a new RazoRock or Maggard razor that will last many years.
20 bucks for a disposable razor is unacceptable.

I agree. Could even get lucky and find something better.

PS: Love your profile pic, a true ranger.

Top Bottom