What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

I hate to admit it, but this ad is one of the things that pushed me over the DE line. I also have a friend who is toying with the idea--soley as a result of Rick's ad.

Doesnt matter what brought you here, We are just glad to have you, and im sure your glad you caught that ad as im sure your having a much better and entertaining shave then before that little spot

I bought one of these yesterday at Sears (of all places) for $20. It had the "Rick Harrison" packaging but instead of a travel case, it came with a chrome-plated razor stand. I shaved with it this morning and I have to say, it is definitely nothing like a Weishi. The Weishi is light-weight, has serious quality issues and just feels flimsy. The MicroTouch One is very solid, hefty and high quality. The package claims it is solid brass and plated in chrome. I am curious where these are made and by whom.

The only negative thing I have to say is really trivial. There is a curious rattle even after the blade is in place and tightened up but it performed spectacularly well. I was very impressed with the high-shine of the chrome finish. The doors shine like a new President. I'll continue using this for a few weeks but I can tell it's as good a performer as any Gillette TTO I have. I'm glad I bought this piece!

I'm gonna have to check around where I live to see if I can find one on the shelf. I would buy it if for no other reason than just to support brick and mortars that venture to carry anything DE other than the blades.

Sounds like an interesting offering to boot

... I have to say, it is definitely nothing like a Weishi. The Weishi is light-weight, has serious quality issues and just feels flimsy. The MicroTouch One is very solid, hefty and high quality. The package claims it is solid brass and plated in chrome. I am curious where these are made and by whom.

I think your Weishi experience is with one of their other razors. Weishi manufactures several different lines, one of which is all plastic. You probably have a 2000 series you're comparing it against. This is not the same razor as the MTO.

I just had to pick one of these up. I was impressed with the solid construction of the razor, but it is so mild. I don't think you can cut yourself with it. Right now, I've got a Feather blade in it, and it's still mild. I understand you wouldn't want to make it very aggressive, but it could have been a little more aggressive. I'm not altogether disappointed with it. It's a good razor to use for a quick DFS when you don't have time to deal with weepers. I've spent much more on far less.

I bought a Microtouch One for my wife and I. I have to say that it is a mild razor that is pretty forgiving. I used the blades that came with it (Dorco T-300) and got pretty good results with no irritation. I normally use a Parker 92R with Shark Chrome blades. I would definitely PIF this to someone interested in our hobby to ensure a successful first experience.

My wife also had a good experience with the razor. It was light and she could manuever it well. She also used the Dorco blades. She has a Parker 92R as well.

Bought one, tried it, liked it. Like all things it is what it is! Good value for the beginner or the old hand. It is of the same design as a Weishi I have bee using for a couple of years now. while it is not as heavy it did provide me with a clean comfortable shave. The jury is still out on the blades, but for the first 2 shaves they did the trick as well. I think this shaving thing is a lot like my pipe tobacco, and pipe thing. You just have to mess around and try several options and combinations to find what fits you best.

I bought this razor last week, we got in our store. just one. $19.99. so i tried it. its actually a pretty good razor! thier are etter out thier, but it is smooth, wont shave that close, for me its a more of a if your in a rush razor. impossible to cut yourself, has pretty good weight too it as well. the Dorco blades, however, i didnt like. after 1 pass the blade started too go dull. doing a 4 pass shave, thats all one blade will do. i thought it was a piece of junk too. it really isnt. good for a beginners entry or a quick presentable shave.

Had my first sighting of the razor. $20 Tempted but I'm in no rush.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1396042577651.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1396042577651.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 256
I had been seeing it for a week or so at Walmart and just made the purchase today, for twenty bucks I figured what the the heck. Seems pretty well built and has a bit of heft to it. I'll give it a go and report back. I was surprised that the blades were Dorco st-300's? I've been wanting to try them so that's a bonus too!

I must be living in a cave...but today I just saw this commercial for the first time ever. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing a double edge razor advertised on tv. The more I thought about it, Rick Harrison really does seem like the perfect person to advertise this. He's on one of the most popular shows on tv, the tie in with antique/old school items and the fact that he's bald (thus clearly needs a good razor).

Obviously I've been using one for years now, but I'm pumped to see it take that next level into mainstream. I got on here to check up on it and saw that it was made 7 months ago. I already have read that some people started using a DE razor just because of the commercial. That's fantastic!

I had been seeing it for a week or so at Walmart and just made the purchase today, for twenty bucks I figured what the the heck. Seems pretty well built and has a bit of heft to it. I'll give it a go and report back. I was surprised that the blades were Dorco st-300's? I've been wanting to try them so that's a bonus too!

Hey guys just had my first shave with the micro touch one and it was decent not quite DFS, but I think part of that was the fact I was using my AOS pure badger for the first time. Which is also my first natural hair brush thus far and I wasn't all that impressed by it. I know I shouldn't judge badger brushes on AOS brushes as their not that great. I would definitely recommend the razor to a newb as it's only twenty bucks and shaves decent enough and can be bought at Walmart.

It cracks me up though because I finally saw one for sale in my town. It was at the local Walgreens but instead of putting it with the shaving supplies they decided to out it with all the random "Seen on TV" junk. Not a good move to encourage sales in my opinion.

I have seen this razor on sale at CVS pharmacy in the "as seen on TV" section. Seems of decent quality. I have a gillette travel tech and a merkur 32C though, as well as several straights that I typically use. I would feel "cheesy" somehow if I were to purchase this razor. For anyone that hasn't seen the show, every single episode goes EXACTLY like this

Shmuck - "Well, I have this jade lamp with a cat riding a horse that my grandmother gave me, I estimate it's worth four to six hundred dollars."

*takes it into the pawn shop, shows it to the guy*

Pawn Guy - Hmm... So how ya lookin' to get for it ?

Shmuck - Oh I'm not really sure, four to six hundred or so, maybe a little less.

Pawn Guy - Well, I can give you $75 bucks for it.

Shmuck - Ok.

And the episode ends, you've just finished yet ANOTHER pint of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, and once again it's starting to taste salty from the tears you've been crying, wondering where it all went wrong.

Top Bottom