What's new

My latest high-end watch is a (gulp) SEIKO!

I've been drooling over a GS for a while now, it will be a while before I can afford it. I had an opportunity to buy an automatic GS but held off for a hi-beat version.

Yes it is! Enjoy!

Interesting thing about that watch is pictures just don't capture the subtle hue of the dial. Almost pearly, and depending on the light can appear white, silver, blue or a soft violet. Very unique face. :)
I agree pictures do not do the watch justice. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.

View attachment 363384
This arrived this week, a modified 007. It has an orange second hand metal band, and clear back. I have 8 watches and this is my first Seiko. I like it and even cooler that can be modified. Feels like getting a custom brush. Ignore the brand and focus on quality and appearance. The OP's watch is refined and likely will give him fewer problems than my Omega GMT.

wear you Seiko with pride.

Why ignore the brand...it's respectable!!!

True, Seiko was established in the 19th century. It's a brand with a long history. Unfortunately their most exclusive models are Japan only.

Looks like a winner. Love the blue seconds hand. Ironically enough I just "discovered" the SARB 065 (the aforementioned cocktail time) and, for the first time, I have found a "grail" watch. Currently saving up for it. Glad to see that someone on B&B enjoys their's as it seems like a watch right up a retro-lover alley.

i went with this one , solar powered w/batt, atomic time, alarm, world clock etc. all the bells and whistles i dont need but it looked cool

Casio edifice

$IMG_0598.jpg$IMG_0599.jpg

I am a new member and just bought a couple of cool Seikos. One for my son & one for me. Does anyone know of a metal band that will work with the SARB071 watch? I am not big on leather, but when I saw this watch I had to have it. Very cool in between a generic US Seiko and the GS I dream about. Any help is appreciated - would prefer a Seiko band, but open to suggestions.

Saw your post on SARB071 - do you have a metal band on that watch in one of those pictures? If so, can you let me know what make/model, I am looking for my new watch of the same model. Thanks!

I have two that are in rotation. For the summer months I have this Casio solar powered. Compass, altimeter, barometer. It's nice when we go hiking in CO. My other, which will get busted out again soon is a Tag my wife bought me about 6 years ago. It was her gift to me after she graduated from pharmacy school. She said I gave her time to go back to school so she wanted to give some of that time back. I'll wear it tomorrow and take a pic.

$image(6).jpeg

Oh, and not to get off track, Seiko makes a great watch. There's nothing wrong with that at all. If you like the style, and it keeps good time, I say go for it.

Very attractive watch! I think my first 3 cars combined cost less money though - it is definitely nice but out of my price range. Enjoy it.

The GSs are beautiful. The best thing about them is how subtle and "not a Rolex" they are - only someone who knows about watches will truly appreciate them.

Looks like a winner. Love the blue seconds hand. Ironically enough I just "discovered" the SARB 065 (the aforementioned cocktail time) and, for the first time, I have found a "grail" watch. Currently saving up for it. Glad to see that someone on B&B enjoys their's as it seems like a watch right up a retro-lover alley.

You can't go wrong with the Cocktail Time SARB. I've gone through a litany of Omega Aqua Terra's, but none made me smile the same way as the Cocktail Time did when I strapped it on for the first time. Between it and a first generation Orient Bambino in rose gold/white with a brown strap, i've got my black shoes/belt and brown shoes/belt dress watches sorted out, and both for under $500 USD. My only beef with the GS is the size. They are a touch too small for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom