What's new

Slim Wallet Recommendation? Bellroy?

I have never, nor would ever, consider carrying coins in a wallet.

I have always had the idea that it was just common knowledge that wallets ware for cards and paper money, and the small compartment at the top of most casual pants right pocket is for coins.

Thanks to this thread, I bought one of those Big Skinny wallets. Wasn't even planning on it.

I feel terrible because my wife bought me a new leather wallet for Christmas, which I had asked for. And it's a really nice wallet, it just ended up about twice as thick as I had expected.

This wallet by Ettinger is the one I'm hoping to pick up at some near-future point in time:

proxy.php

After an extra couple days in the mail, my big skinny wallet arrived.

Fossil "slim" with a dozen or so cards and a few bills
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426011349.746173.jpg

Both wallets empty
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426011390.183711.jpg

Big skinny with everything in it next to an empty Fossil...same size more or less
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426011427.354727.jpg

It's definitely smaller but not quite "slim" due to the amount of cards I have in there. I'll have to see if I can get rid of any, maybe some insurance info.

^ You got the leather hybrid which is not as skinny (slight difference only, though) as the fabric version (which is what I have).

Correct. And in hindsight I probably should have gone with the metro which has an extra card slot. I have an access card for work and a bunch of insurance/medical cards I like to tuck in there, on top of the usual credit cards and what not.

Still, dropping down from 1" to 1/2" makes me very happy. And less than $30 shipped!

FWIW I saw the Bellroy Note Sleeve at Nordstrom in person yesterday. I was very disappointed with the feel, the finish and smell of the leather, and the thickness. I was not really shopping for a wallet for myself (happy with what I have) but was considering it as a gift for someone.

Top Bottom