What's new

Schick Krona Questions

View attachment 515501View attachment 515502
I got mine in the mail today. The baseplace has the codes 2-3 on top row and 0-M on the bottom row. It also says "Made in USA" and "Patent Pending", The base of the handle is all black plastic and has an inverted raised triangle with "Schick" running through the triangle. The head of the razor has Schick and Krona and depending on how you look at the head, either Krona or Schick will be upside down. Black plastic handle and knob with a chrome ring separating them.

Looks like a nice example. The "patent pending" mark probably means it was made in 1967 or 1968. The head design looks right for the 1967-68 patents, too.

Enjoy the shaves!

full

My Patent Pending razor is like the bottom picture. It has the one ply center bar. Mine has SCHICK and KRONA on the doors, too. The one door above I can see "Schick" in upper and lower case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have three Kronas, the first one I purchased, pictured below, appears to be a '67-68 year, with the Shick/Krona on the silo doors, single ply bar and plastic TTO knob with the Schick in triangle emblem embossed. '4-3/9-M' and 'Patents Pending/Schick. Made in USA' on the underside of the base plate.

$DSC_0458a.JPG$DSC_0459.JPG$DSC_0461.JPG$DSC_0462.JPG$DSC_0479.JPG

The second one I purchased is an earlier one, maybe '65-66 year, with blank brushed silo doors, two-ply bar, metal TTO knob with the black/silver Schick in triangle emblem. 1-1/M-5 code and Schick in triangle and Made in USA in the centre of the base plate.

$DSC_0463.JPG$DSC_0465.JPG$DSC_0469.JPG$DSC_0468.JPG$DSC_0467.JPG

The third one I have is older again, I'm not sure on the year. It has blank brushed silo doors, two-ply bar, metal TTO knob with '+ SCHICK +' in black/silver . There are no codes, only '| | |' and 'Schick' in the centre section of the base plate on either side of the handle.

$DSC_0471.JPG$DSC_0470.JPG$DSC_0477.JPG$DSC_0476.JPG$DSC_0475.JPG

Unfortunately this particular one is missing a side cap for the silo doors on one side, but otherwise is in good condition.

Last edited:
MemberBrandKnobDoorsBaseplateCode – Top Row (Left-to-Right)Code - Bottom Row (Left-to-Right)Weight (g)Case/Packaging/Notes
mblakeleSchickblack, raised triangle logoSchick -SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.3-39-M38Yellow plastic case. "O" under center bar. One-ply design.
santamariasteveSchickblackSchick - (blank)PATENTS PENDING4-23-M?
CGW409Schickmetallic, painted/printed triangle logo(blank)Triangle logo on right, MADE/IN/U.S.A. on left3-26-M50"A" under center bar.
Maxime D.SchickblackSchick -SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.2-25-M?NOS in package: bar code, yellow plastic case, and Plus Platinum blades.
Maxime D.SchickblackSCHICK-KRONASCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A. / PATENTS PENDING2-31-M38-
Maxime D.Schickmetallic(blank)SCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.1-26-M52-
GDCarringtonSchickmetallic(blank)SCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.1-2M-554Opposite order for "M-5". Packaging copyright 1965. Two-ply design.
GDCarringtonEversharpmetallic, eagle logo(blank)eagle logo - EVERSHARP4-26-M51Two-ply design.
GDCarringtonSchickmetallic gold-tone, triangle logo(blank)SCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.1-2M-554Yellow plastic case. Two-ply design.
ShavinBaconSchickmetallic(blank)Triangle logo on left, MADE/IN/U.S.A. on right1-2M-555Opposite order for "M-5". Packaging copyright 1965. "Printed in USA M-64-132".
wagstaffSchickblackSchick -SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.2-24-M?"A" under center bar.
John PseudonymSchickblack, raised triangle logoSchick® - SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A. / PATENTS PENDING3-31-M?No letter under center bar.
Bling2MingEversharpmetallic, eagle logo(blank)eagle logo - EVERSHARP4-26-M50"A" under center bar. Two-ply design.
rockviperSchickblack, triangle logoSchick -SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.1-24-M??
AristerosSchickblack, triangle logoSchick -KronaSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.4-83-M?One-ply design.
AristerosSchickblack, triangle logoSchick -KronaSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.4-93-M?One-ply design.
showardSchickblack, raised triangle logoSchick® - SchickSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A.2-31-M??
MoorhsumSchickmetallic, longer style, triangle logo(blank)Triangle logo on right, MADE/IN/U.S.A. on left4-26-M?"A" under center bar. Two-ply design.
MoorhsumSchickmetallic, shorter style, triangle logo(blank)Triangle logo on right, MADE/IN/U.S.A. on left1-4M-5?No letter under center bar. Two-ply design.
Ender78Schickblack, triangle logoSchick -KronaSCHICK - MADE IN U.S.A. / PATENTS PENDING1-30-M?One-ply design.
DannSchickBlack plastic
Triangle logo
Schick - KronaSCHICK - MADE IN USA / PATENTS PENDING4-39-M37gOne-ply design
DannSchickMetal, short type - printed Schick in triangle logoBlankSchick in triangle logo/ Made in USA in centre of base either side of handle1-1M-556gTwo-ply design
DannSchickMetal, short type - printed '+
SCHICK
+' logo
BlankNo codes, only '| | |' and 'SCHICK' in centre of base on either side of handlen/an/a56gTwo-ply design
White Case, clear lid with SCHICK in lower right corner, green insert.

Last edited:
Dann, thanks so much for posting the pictures. I too have the older model and have been trying to find out info concerning it. Mine works beautifully. Shaved with it this moring :001_smile I also have the one dated just as your 1-1 M-5. I just got it the other day complete with the original case. Happy camper am I :thumbup: I love how the Krona shaves. For me, it does better than my Gillettes.

Warren

Mine shows the following:

Brand: Schick
Knob: Plastic, raised diamond logo
Doors: Schick - Krona
Baseplate: Schick - Made in USA/Patents Pending
Code, top: 2-3
Code, bottom: O-M
Weight: 38g
Packaging: not available.

Matt

I also have one with the + Schick + logo on the TTO knob. It has blank brushed silo doors and no letters on the base plate, only "SCHICK" stamped on it. I hadn't seen another one like it until Dann posted pictures of his.

$P1020675.JPG$P1020681.JPG

I just got one in the mail today from the "Bay". It was pretty clean already. I finished cleaning and sanitizing it. and will try it tomorrow with my favorite Personna Lab Blue.
It's a black knob, with inverted triangle and "Schick" running through the triangle
Base plate says "Patents Pending" Schick Made in USA
Top numbers 3 - 2. Bottom 8 - M
Oh yes, the center bar is one-piece and there is no lettering or numbers on the inside of the razor.
This has been an interesting thread.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
How about this one, anybody got ideas? Grayish handle, chrome knob.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no making heads nor tails to Schick's codes and to be frank I would not be surprised if Energizer, who currently owns the Schick name, has jettisoned the old paper records. Even if they have them they aren't going to pay some poor sap to rifle through them to satisfy a few curious sorts.

Just throwing up a few pics of what is undoubtedly a run of the mill early (?) Krona. This is (reading across) a 4-2 over 6-M (the "M" is faint in the pics but easily visible by eye):

proxy.php

proxy.php

This one has no markings on outside cover doors or inside:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The upper ferule (?) has lost its press fit to the razor head which allows the handle to free spin when gripping the handle while tightening the TTO knob, but gripping the razor by the door hinge arms permits it to be properly tightened (unless that is normal by design).

Looking forward to trying this old gal out tomorrow a.m. :]

Thanks all for the pictures!

I have two metal knob Kronas (one spare, because I like it so much), and one plastic knob version.

The head profile is the same, but the added weight of the metal knob Krona makes it feel better to me.

Thanks all for the pictures!

I have two metal knob Kronas (one spare, because I like it so much), and one plastic knob version.

The head profile is the same, but the added weight of the metal knob Krona makes it feel better to me.

Thanks! I have a plastic knob model inbound. I bet I like the metal knob version better for the same reason.

Top Bottom