What's new

New Deluxe Vintage Safety Razor at Classic Shaving

for $1 more, you can get a Merkur Classic. I probably wouldn't opt for some generic model called the vintage safety razor. I'm guessing those are Korean or Chinese.:confused:

The first link picture looks to me like a "new" improved Merkur Classic razor, this might be one of the new razors off the new tooling/molds that Anne was talking about? Looks to me like a Merkur but refined a little. I actually like the look of the razor. Also might not have all the flaws like the older models.

The first link picture looks to me like a "new" improved Merkur Classic razor, this might be one of the new razors off the new tooling/molds that Anne was talking about? Looks to me like a Merkur but refined a little. I actually like the look of the razor. Also might not have all the flaws like the older models.

It's by Parker.

That first picture to me looks like a nicely done razor, however the butterfly does resemble the Parker.

I was just curious as to any feedback.

i own the 2nd one, parker 96R, its not new, i picked it up 3-4 months ago from barbershop classics in holland, best thing about it was that it came with 10 red personnas,

till now parker made extreamly light TTO razors of variable quality (as in varying from 1 individual razor to the next, not one model to the next), mine has a slightly twisted handle, i have recently seen that they also make 2 and 3 piece razors, i dont know if they made them before, but from the shape of the head, it seems that they are addressing the most common complaints with their razors, the light weight and the flimsy build quality, its an ok razor, but if a merkur is 1 buck more, theres a big step in quality there for very little money,

Possibly a stupid question, but where are the Parkers made? I've never been interested as I purchased a Merkur as my first, but these don't look that bad. Maybe it's just my RAD kicking in.:biggrin:

I think in India or somewhere over in that area.
I wish they would have listed the length and weight measurements of the first razor - it looks to be somewhere in between the standard Merkur and LHC but with a thicker handle than the LHC.

Not to hi-jack, but they also now have "Lord" DE blades from Egypt - anyone know anything about them?

Not to hi-jack, but they also now have "Lord" DE blades from Egypt - anyone know anything about them?

They're made by Wilkensen Sword. I wouldn't have known this, but a member recently sent me two packs with a Slant I purchased from him. I have yet to try them, but I don't mind the WS blades.

Edit: They're not made BY Wilkinson Sword, but it used to be a WS plant(?) or equipment. See here

Top Bottom