What's new

Water only pass

I read somewhere that some did a final water only pass and I wanted to try this. Did two passes WTG/XTG (ATG at the neck) with soap (the Fat) and then a third XTG with water only. Amazing, what still came of at this third pass. One of the best shaves I had in a long time. Whery smooth and BBS. I can highly recommend it.

I do my touchup (after 2 lather passes) with water only. It works great. I have yet to try a whole shave with water only, but one of these days I will.

I also do touchups with water only, after rinsing my face and finding those missed spots. It's amazing how well it works...but a whole shave with just water? Don't think I'd want to try that!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The only time I do water only final pass, is when honing. It would tear me up if I tried it when shaving.

Oh yeah, the water pass at the end works really good for me, but you might want to give this a try. After you've finished with your shave, and any of the cleanup, try a splash and good rub with witch hazel, and then do another really light pass with your razor. Using the WH will really set up any remaining stubble, and make for a really close shave.

Oh yeah, the water pass at the end works really good for me, but you might want to give this a try. After you've finished with your shave, and any of the cleanup, try a splash and good rub with witch hazel, and then do another really light pass with your razor. Using the WH will really set up any remaining stubble, and make for a really close shave.
I gave the WH a try and it worked great! Thanks for a good tip.

Thanks for the reminder. When I needed some touch ups when I was shaving with safety razors I always did this. Switching to straights I'd gotten much less aggressive about touch ups. Went back to this with my straights after I saw this post and it works great.

I did the water-only thing for my touchup (I normally do two full passes, then touchup which amounts to about half a pass) and it was nice. I may try this some more in the future.

Depending on the product I use I can do a water only touch up pass. Provided that I dont rinse from the prior pass

Top Bottom