What's new

Pelikan 4001 inks . could not resist!

This week I was in Germany, and I could not resist ... so I stocked up on Pelikan inks again :001_smile

Not the Edelstein inks, but the regular 4001's ... I now have:

Brilliant Schwarz
Brilliant Grün (looking forward to use that!)
Brilliant Braun
Blau-Schwarz (already one of my favorites)

Oh yes, and I stocked up on creams, soaps, and aftershaves ... but that is for another subforum :wink2:

Cool. I bought a 4001 brilliant brown as one of my first ink purchases. But I need to finish my current fill (or buy a new pen) to try it. I'd like Grün too!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Blue-Black isn't available here. I have a friend going overseas next week so I have my fingers crossed.

Blue-Black isn't available here. I have a friend going overseas next week so I have my fingers crossed.

Shame that Pelikan does not export it across the sea!

I hope your friend can get it for you :001_smile

(I wonder why Pelikan would not sell the blue black over there ... it is a classic!)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Shame that Pelikan does not export it across the sea!

I hope your friend can get it for you :001_smile

(I wonder why Pelikan would not sell the blue black over there ... it is a classic!)
It isn't the Germans, it is us. There is something in it that has been black balled by the US.

Neither available in my country :(
Already sent some lines to Pelikan via Facebook, but they never replied me.

Faber Castell have a factory and a FP store in a shopping mall, but Pelikan where are you?.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This week I was in Germany, and I could not resist ... so I stocked up on Pelikan inks again :001_smile

Not the Edelstein inks, but the regular 4001's ... I now have:

Brilliant Schwarz
Brilliant Grün (looking forward to use that!)
Brilliant Braun

brilliant purchases ...

Neither available in my country :(
Already sent some lines to Pelikan via Facebook, but they never replied me.

Forget Facebook ... you need to send them a handwritten letter on quality stationary, using a fountain pen.

"Dear Pelikan,

"I have written this letter to you using the best ink available to me, for use in the Pelikan 800 that I own, and as you can see, the ink sucks. It's a tragedy that I have to put it inside your pen. Please take pity on me, and send me some good ink. A few bottles of your 4001 blue-black would do.

"Sincerely,

"PS: have you tried American beer? Now you know what I'm talking about."

brilliant purchases ...

Forget Facebook ... you need to send them a handwritten letter on quality stationary, using a fountain pen.

"Dear Pelikan,

"I have written this letter to you using the best ink available to me, for use in the Pelikan 800 that I own, and as you can see, the ink sucks. It's a tragedy that I have to put it inside your pen. Please take pity on me, and send me some good ink. A few bottles of your 4001 blue-black would do.

"Sincerely,

The footnote had me in stitches...

You need to change the American beer you've been drinking. They have some outstanding beer, just avoid the mega swill stuff but you can say that about any country. :001_smile

brilliant purchases ...

"Dear Pelikan,

"Sincerely,

Hm. I wonder if they'll be suspicious when they receive 50+ of the same letter.

Also, for what it's worth, I know plenty Germans who consider it a treat when they're able to drink American mass-produced beer (Bud, Coors, etc). I'm not sure why, but I was always under the impression that our big beers were terrible compared to German beers. But quite a few of my friends are crazy for it.

Hmm ... that surprises me. I've never heard Bud and Coors being described as high quality beers. But then, it always surprises me as well that Heineken is seen as a premium beer in some countries; I'd rate it as an average and mass produced pilsner.

Good questions since a lot of Europe has banned dyed breakfast cereals and other processed foods :p
What...no Froot Loops??? :scared:

$cereal.jpg

So what dangers are lurking inside our Pelikan Blue-Black ink? :wink2:

I have no idea, but I'd like to buy more of it here. I don't drink the stuff, so I don't care what's in it. I have about half a bottle left. It would likely be my everyday ink if it were available.

-Andy

Top Bottom