PENDING - THANKS!
OK, where do I start?
- history: old / early blade design; look at the shape, especially the fat tang + tail
- very heavy for it's 6/8 size - serious wedge
- beautiful Spanish point
- jimps on both top + bottom - this isn't too common on these old blades
- great shape, just some relatively wide hone wear but that's normal for such a wedge
- Robert Williams custom scales: pink ivory (second most expensive wood after snakewood, afaik) brass wedge, need I add adjustable pins! - nice silvery metal so they don't clash with the blade
- seeing how busy Rober is these days, this is your best chance to get some of his work quickly
- shave-ready - really great shaver
In light of generally increasing prices and looking at what's going on the BST forum, I'll ask for $150. If you can afford it - it's absolutely worth it.
Now here's the kicker: if someone really loves it but honestly cannot afford it - I'll pass it along at my cost, which was just about $100 shipped.
There you have it
THanks for looking (photo from today's shave)