What's new

Pen case for new addiction

So as many of you have seen I have recently become addicted to FPs (curse you!). School is quickly approaching :blushing: and I would like to get a pen case for about 3 pens and some pencils. I have a limp one that woks great for 'normal people' pens but I think something a little sturdier would be good. Looked at some of the recommendations on the wiki, didn't fall in love with anything. What do you guys recommend? Cheaper is always better, but I don't like to sacrifice quality either. Thanks!

I use a Pelikan 3 pen case I found on the auction site for my pens and I keep my one pencil in a loop in my bag. I rarely use the pencil and it often ends up at the bottom of my bag sitting unused for months.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I usually carry my pen or two in my shirt pocket, at school I clipped an extra one in a little pocket in my bag.

But if I go to a pen show I use something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROWN-12-FO...-BINDER-CASE-HOLDER-GOOD-ZIPPER-/200940875229
Note that I have not bought one exactly like this but very close (also from China), it's held up well and protects my vintage goodies.

I noticed Franklin-Christoph has a good selection, this might be close: http://www.franklin-christoph.com/fabric-3-pen-case.html
I'm not sure how sturdy that may be, they have some tough looking leather ones too.

I strongly considered an F-C pen case before I found mine. They are supposedly made with fountain pen safe leather so it won't damage your pen bodies.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I strongly considered an F-C pen case before I found mine. They are supposedly made with fountain pen safe leather so it won't damage your pen bodies.

Yes, very true -- I forgot about that. Most leftover leather tanning chemicals (salts?) will cause premature tarnish and verdigris on many vintage pens' hardware. The Chinese case I got is fake leather but even so my pens don't live in there, it's mainly just occasional transport. Something to keep in mind -- don't store your pens in leather.

I have one of the fabric F-C cases. It's quite sturdy and will safely hold three pens in the loops. At the price, I think it's great.

First, I got the Franklin-Christoph 3 Pen Case in Nappa Black. Below are some pictures.

I got a few more pens later, so I ended up getting the Penvelope Six in Nappa Black. The leather is really soft and the magnetic closure works well. I'll have to take some pictures later of mine but below is a photo from the Franklin-Christoph website.

proxy.php

Last edited:
First, I got the Franklin-Christoph 3 Pen Case in Nappa Black. Below are some pictures.

I got a few more pens later, so I ended up getting the Penvelope Six in Nappa Black. The leather is really soft and the magnetic closure works well. I'll have to take some pictures later of mine but below is a photo from the Franklin-Christoph website.

proxy.php

Man that 3 pen case is nice looking! Looks like its good for both skinny and fat pens too. I believe we have a winner. Not terribly priced either. Did you order directly from F-C?

Top Bottom