What's new

Hint: Not Brian

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pics or it didn't happen, don't make me get Alex and his dog over here.

Brian hasn't posted yet.... he must still be on his way to your house, or hasn't figured out how to sneak in yet

Nice score, Jessy...of course, that's assuming it actually exists. Without pics, we have no evidence. :tongue_sm

Speaking of Brian, he's really a big pussycat. When I saw him at the DC Pen Show, I showed him my 50-cent Parker 51 and had very little trouble getting it back from him. A few pressure points, a hammer lock, and a body slam later, the pen was safely back in my pocket! :lol:

Nice score, Jessy...of course, that's assuming it actually exists. Without pics, we have no evidence. :tongue_sm

Speaking of Brian, he's really a big pussycat. When I saw him at the DC Pen Show, I showed him my 50-cent Parker 51 and had very little trouble getting it back from him. A few pressure points, a hammer lock, and a body slam later, the pen was safely back in my pocket! :lol:

He must have been distracted by Conway Stewart or else it would have taken a lot more effort. :lol:

Which bayou do I turn left at ??

Brian, unfortunately in the greater New Orleans area, there's no such thing as a left turn. Because of all our canals and "neutral ground" we have to make what's called a "Louisiana Left," which consists of one u-turn and one right turn.

As I'm not normally on the forum on the weekends, my post Saturday should be considered a treat. I've finally taken pictures though, and will now attach them....

tomorrow

Just kidding. I was just waiting for the last 2 to upload to Google Drive.

Here ya go. Notice the nib is significantly to the right of center with the hood. There's also a tiny, almost invisible crack in the barrel near where it screws in. I tried following Richard Binder's guide last night for replacing a nib to straighten it out and make sure everything else was in order, but I didn't want to risk the heat gun getting too hot. So I gave up before I did any damage. The lowest setting on my gun is 250 degrees Fahrenheit. At what temperature will the celluloid warp? Also, I flushed the pen, and it cleaned up just fine. The pictures are a lot darker than they should be, courtesy of my phone camera and fluorescent lighting at work. The color must be a very dark purple or very dark mahogany.

$CAM00296.jpg$CAM00298.jpg$CAM00294.jpg$CAM00295.jpg

Top Bottom