What's new

Leather notebooks and Refills

I've been using the Clairefontaine Basic Large Clothbound Notebook (6 x 8.25) notebooks. Since A5 is 5.83x8.27 should I expect it to fit in here? OCD forces me to keep them the same. :)

Doesn't look like this one locks the cover down. No middle loop? Can anyone verify this?

Looks like its just folded under in the pictures, but the description says "double pen loop for securing pens" im going to guess it doesnt lock closed
$FXDC.png

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a refill for the A5? I do not like the one that comes with it. It does not splay open very well at all, and the paper is coming away from the cover. It's only a matter of time till it really falls apart.

On a side note, the iPad mini fits nicely into one of the leather sleeves that is supposed to hold the cover of the notebook. What I would like is a thinner refill so I can comfortably fit both notebook and iPad. It closes now, but its pretty much at it's max thickness.

$IMG_0597.jpg

I don't have any first hand knowledge if these will fit, but I'm partial to the Apica line of notebooks from Japan. Great fountain pen friendly paper in an A5 size. The Premium (96 sheet count) line has a lot bigger page count than the CD11 (28 sheet count), and the paper is a bit better. Both open flat with no issues for me.

Doesn't seem that you can even look at the product information on the WCS site any longer.

I was hoping to have a friend make me a leather notebook cover with similar closures, that wouldn't be exclusive to the Franklin-Christoph notebooks with the angled corners.

Top Bottom